Rain Date Discussion August 10, 2013 12:49PM
The pull that was rained out on August 10th is planned to be rescheduled sooner rather than later. This will be the thread that any and all questions can be directed to.

Re: Rain Date Discussion Akron Tractor Pull August 11, 2013 11:28PM
We can get the Nebraska Big Red Sled for Next Friday or Saturday. The next hurdle is getting another insurance policy

Re: Rain Date Discussion Akron Tractor Pull August 12, 2013 04:50AM
WE ARE RESCHEDULED FOR THIS SATURDAY the 17th @ NOON! We got the big red sled that Northeast Nebraska Tractor Pullers uses.

I hope everybody can make it back, for those pullers that cant, your entries will be refunded. We will start at 6700lbs and all classes will be pulled.
we are open to new hooks that weren't registered day of or couldn't make it

this is a FREE show to the spectators and there will be payback for the pullers

thanks for your patience and understanding. if you have any questions call me

thanks
Kyle
"wildhare"
712 539 3670

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2013 05:00AM by wildhare.

Re: Rain Date Discussion Akron Tractor Pull August 12, 2013 05:02AM
Woot woot. There was a lot of big an heavy iron there. Really looking forward to seeing them.

Re: Rain Date Discussion Akron Tractor Pull August 12, 2013 12:16PM
sounds great. was worth the 2 hr drive each way to get a well deserved rain! any chance of adding like a 20700lb class in between the 18700 and 23500?? looks like we can get plenty of big boys to go in it. whatcha think guys? either way i'll see y'all Saturday!

Re: Rain Date Discussion Akron Tractor Pull August 13, 2013 09:18AM
Prob just run with the classes we have since everyone is all signed up, but more entries are welcome in the classes we have.

fyi...last Saturday we were sitting at 140 hooks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2013 12:22AM by wildhare.

Akron Tractor Pull line up August 14, 2013 03:27AM
we lost a couple but are gaining a couple back...hope everybody can make it!

heres the line up for those of you curiuos...
Attachments:
open | download - pullers.docx (15.1 KB)

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 14, 2013 09:18AM
Hey does anyone up in the Akron area no if the 6030 that was their to pull last sat is going to come back this sat we would love to see it pull was also wondering if anyone knowsif that is the same 6030 that use to pull years ago at the Hinton farmtractorpull and the plymoth county fair pull it was like 30 years ago i was a kid but still remember it was as smooth as black velvet and very hard to beat hope someone can fill me in thanks keep on living green

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 14, 2013 10:05AM
yup, same 6030, you are correct it used to pull in hinton and Plymouth county fair

Re: Hinton???????????? August 15, 2013 03:12PM
Hinton used to have a farm pull?

Re: Hinton???????????? August 16, 2013 01:56AM
yes my dad toid me it was called the Hinton Barbecue day farm tractorpull it was one of the bigger farm pulls around some things stick in your head i remember the last one it was a green showdown a new 4840 was there and that ol 6030 they both pulled it through 2 times but in the end the 6030 prevailed by a few inches lol hope 2 see it again sat does anyone no if the same guy pulls it now keep on living green

Re: Hinton???????????? August 16, 2013 02:23AM
cool bit of history! I didn't know that about the bbq ha ha. same guy on 6030 and ive been in talks w guy that pulled 4840 and he was trying to get his boy to bring another big one to akron. they have been out of pulling for a few years, but they are always at the pulls watching. also at hinton there was also an old 5010 that pulled back in those days that my dad talks about all the time. he pulled off the 3pt lol and would raise and lower as he went down the track. talk about safety! there is a really pretty 5020 that might be coming as well if you like your old deeres

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 15, 2013 01:12PM
Thanks for posting that and hosting what's going to be a great pull!!

On a side note, the last time I inquired about pulling a true farm tractor the local "assholciation" told me- sorry, there's no interest in those big tractors. I just quickly counted 40 hooks over 12500 lbs on the pre-registered list for this pull. Read the list closer and theres a whole bunch of tractors in the lighter classes that have been discouraged from coming to "organized" pulls in their own backyard. And each of those tractors draws a whole new crowd of paying spectators. I'm glad at least Akron still gets it right!!

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 15, 2013 01:42PM
just have your tractor pull and don't forget to hook to the sled. sick & tired of ya honkin your horn!

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 15, 2013 11:50PM
to 3688 puller- hinton did have a farm pull, it was before my time, but my family always pulled the 6030 and 806 there. I have some old pictures I will have to share sometime.

to notsocrazyafterall - I put on the pull for everybody. from local, to far, to others from organizations. all are my friends and fellow pullers, and I don't appreciate the bashing either. come enjoy the tractor pull, but please leave the negativity at home.

Remember this is supposed to be fun

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 16, 2013 02:25AM
Wildhare. thank you for putting in the time for a great tractor pull we appreciate your hard work

Re: Akron Tractor Pull line up August 16, 2013 02:26AM
I appreciate your comment wildhare, you obviously have a good head on your shoulders and understand how to make everyone feel welcome and encourage all to have an enjoyable experience. .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009