Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 20, 2013 02:19PM

This Benefit is to help raise funds for Kyle Betenbenders family to pay medical expenses, some of you may know Kyle as he has campaigned a Super Farm called the Deere Hunter for two years. Last year with ECI and again this year as well as joining Region V NTPA and also winning this summers mid summer shootout series. My name is Wyatt Blackford and am the chairman of this pull, we are running the full ECI show of events as well as two extra classes. This will not be a points hook, but most ECI members have commited to showing up as well as several Region V competitors. There will be a hook fee of 50 dollars again with all proceeds going towards the benefit. ECI will be matching a cash donation after the show. I would like anyone with a super farm that may know or not know Kyle to join us in the 9300 limited prostock class. Anyone that pulls ECI or Region V classes that are not in this lineup are welcome to pull in the open class, if enough pullers commit we will entertain the idea of adding a class. If you have any other questions please contact me at 319 721 7225.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 02:20PM by WyattB.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 27, 2013 10:52AM
Wanting to keep this fresh in everyones memory.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 27, 2013 02:00PM
I have some questions for you Wyatt Blackford. I really enjoy watching tractors and trucks go down the track. I have seen the so called Deere Hunter at some of the pulls this year. To me this gentleman has spent quite a lot of money on this one tractor. The group of guys that I usually go to pulls with have been talking about it. Could he have maybe taken some of the money that he spent on the tractor or maybe not pulled with the NTPA group to pay his medical bills? I am friends with several pullers from that association, and they also told me that just to join, it cost quite a lot. Maybe he could have spent his money wisely and used it on his own family instead of himself. I have nothing against the gentleman, but I think family should come first. Now you are asking pullers and spectators to come and help him pay his bills. Benefits are great when the families are in need. It is hard to think that he is in need with a tractor looking like that. Also you never told us in the message who the benefit is for.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 27, 2013 02:41PM
If anyone needs flyers just like the one above that has all the details on the benefit to hand out or to post in businesses feel free to contact me and I can get you some ASAP. Again my phone number is 319 721 7225 and I love to talk on the phone just ask my recent ex-girlfriend and am a poor typist so please use the phone for questions.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 28, 2013 02:51AM
Wyatt-
Please bring several flyers to Blairstown so all of the pullers can hang them in our communities and support this great cause. Thanks- see you Sunday.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 29, 2013 11:11AM
Wyatt I am a strong believer in benefits, especially when it is for a child. I have to agree with the writer called "not sure" when he said that maybe he should of saved some of his money and pulled with 1 club for 1 year. I am not saying that he should give it up totally, but maybe cut back. I was a puller in Western Iowa, and we did benefits too. Like I said I have nothing against the family involved or the club or person putting it on, but like the other writer stated. It is hard to donate to someone that is driving an expensive tractor like he drives and he seems to have no problem spending money on it. What about maybe spending it on the bills and not the tractor for 1 year? I bet that money could have helped with some of the bill that they have accumulated. I do feel for the family, but I think maybe he needs to think of his little boy's problems, and what he needs for once instead of the tractor. I know that he loves his little boy and the rest of the family, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 29, 2013 02:49PM
Unless I've missed something here, the Betenbender family is not asking anyone for help! I know the family well and they do not expect people to pay there bills! A group of individuals wanted to do something to help lesson the burden of the bills that have and will continue to come in as a result of the little guys illness. Shame on them for wanting to get people together and raise money, which will not put a dent in what lies ahead for the family. Shame on them for wanting to give a chance to people to show there support at a place such at a tractor pull which the family enjoys! Bottom line, people like Wyatt are trying to show a token of kindness and support for the family. Kudos to Wyatt and all those who are putting on the benefit.
To you mr old puller. For you to say he needs to think of the little boy's problems instead of the tractor is wrong! You don't even know the family! Rest assured Kasyn means the world to Kyle and Wanda. The tractor will be long gone if it needs to be! Like I said before the family is not throwing a benefit for themselves. If you don't agree with the cause then don't go. That's the beauty of the country we live in. I for one will be there.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 29, 2013 11:19PM
wyatt this is a good deal. doesn't matter how much good someone tries to do there will always be somebody against it. they probably don't know the family so I don't know why they think they need to judge. but we will have a good show and help out as much as we can

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 29, 2013 04:27PM
If you had a friend that had fallen down while your walking would you keep walking or stop and give him a hand to get him back on his feet? That's all were doing... he never had his hand out, I'm sorry if anyone is offended by what were doing, its my fault and a I assume full responsibility. Don't ever think though for one minute that selling the pulling tractor and farm then sitting at home pouting about it is a way to cope with the hard times, its the rise to the occasion by friends and family that reinstates principal within and character to rise above the oppression. Only one being was meant to judge, your day and my day is coming so lets leave it to the professional. It would be in your best interest to keep the derogative opinions to yourself you don't know me, Kyle or his business.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 30, 2013 05:50AM
I told you that I have nothing against a benefit, and helping families in need. I just have a hard time with the fact that he can run to all these pulls and spend all of his money on pulling instead of maybe staying home and helping the little boy that you are saying needs so much. I also read that a club is matching the donations. Just wondering how the pullers in that club feel about that. In Western Iowa we pull for points and I am sure if this club does, but is everyone in favor of it. My feelings to this is and yes they are my feeling, but if they are already donating then why make them donate their points money also. Like I said maybe they don't pull for points, but if they do has everyone agreed with this decision? We had something similar with a club in this area and the club pres. and vice decided to do the same thing and members told them that it was not right to us their points money that they worked for throughout the year and give it to a benefit that if they wanted to donate then they would give what they wanted to at that time. If Wyatt is putting on the pull, why does this club think they have to match all cash donations. Let each member decide if they want their points money donated back. Why is the other organization not doing anything for this benefit? That is the one that took most of his money. This club will be in hot water with some of it pullers, and maybe not all but it will effect the club sometime, I know from past experience.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 30, 2013 06:59AM
Mis-info on that. ECI is NOT matching those funds.....all up to the Pullers themselves.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 30, 2013 08:39AM
Het Tom, gonna try to make it to this Pull. Always like pulling and meeting new people, also may talk some others into coming. Jerry P.

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 30, 2013 09:41AM
That would be wonderful.....bring ALL your horses !!!

Re: Sept 14th Benefit tractorpull Central City, Ia August 30, 2013 10:54AM
Old puller,
It has been stated this is not a pts pull. The pullers are supplying the iron and donating the hook fee! If you choose not to show it will have no affect on the season pts! This all was talked about at previous driver's meetings. I don't know who the other club you are referring to is ,after reading your posts I don't think you do either!
Bottom line, eci members and non embers are pulling to have some fun(heaven forbid) and put on a show in the hopes of raising a little money and most importantly show support for Kasyn. Now please get all the facts before voicing your opinion.
Can't wait to relax and do a little pullin!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009