Super Farm
1st-$200
2nd-$100
3rd-$50

Trucks
1st-$50
2nd-$40
3rd-$30

Any questions or comments feel free to call!

Bill 715-684-9611 (rules)
Kayla 715-977-2141(rules)
Kevin 715-781-7165 (general)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 01:25PM by Kayla McGee.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 28, 2013 01:34PM
????

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 30, 2013 08:32AM
Just to clear some confusion up. The sled was chosen off of price, not what the committee members feel is a better sled for there family members. If anyone has ever tried to run a pull and knows the amount of money it costs they would understand why we would chose a sled that charges less in order to make money to support the FFA students on there leadership conferences and scholarships. Hope to see everyone still come out to support the students and keep the FFA strong in the Glenwood City community.
Kayla McGee

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 28, 2013 01:58PM
You have a choice. The old step on sled ... remember to bring your on chair !!!
or
The out dated sled they had on Sunday at Turtle Lake "The Judge"

Come and have "FUN"!!!

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 02:34PM
Wild Rose this year

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 02:54PM
why the rose don't want a good pull for anyone but your uncle

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 30, 2013 08:46AM
First I want to say I think that the Glenwood City FFA and Bill do a great job! They have a very good set of rules and a very good run event. I have nothing bad at all to say about them. Now as for Scott. You have you opinion I have mine. I have personally watched people try to talk to Brad about this. The one I most recently watched was told to worry about the tractor and let the sled operator worry about stopping it. And after he brought that up he did terrible on that sled for the rest of the year. Which is why I don't sign my name because I don't want that to happen to me. How fair is it when one tractor has the pan wheels down for 100 feet and the very next tractor has them down for 50? Anybody can see that at any one of his pulls. Why is it that you think all of the guys with anything larger than a hotfarm have quit going to any local events if he is there? If you think I am full of it you just go around and ask those guys.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 22, 2013 05:03AM
Is the 6500 truck class a stock gas class or is it open to diesels too

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 03:06PM
That sucks. I had fun last year. Looks like I'm staying home.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 03:56PM
I think its very funny that several people talk bad about Brads sled. what is interesting is nobody signs there name. Or ever brings it up to Brad ( the owner of the sled) at the pulls. But they all talk big behind there keyboards. I hook on brads sled every weekend since 1997. I have never had a problem with it weather im hooking in the pro farm class or the 4500 farm stock with the old CO-OP. some days you win some days you dont. that is the sport of pulling. tracks can vary so much from event to event its not even funny. in river falls it was plain and simple the winners were the ones who drove around the numerous grand canyons in the track. Heck I put 600 feet on my old 806 driving around all the holes to make it 280' down the track for second place. was it the sled? NO! The track sucked huge!!! As far as nobody coming to glenwood city. We had no shortage of tractors at the glenwood fair with the wild rose as the sled. . Im sure the same line up will be at the next glenwood pull. nobody had a problem hooking brads sled in hastings mn saturday night either. We had 20-25 tractors in the first 4 classes. No problems. If your not coming to a pull because of brads sled you got other problems, your just blaming the wild rose for them. Another thing you want to talk bad about somebody grow some balls and sign your name or talk to the guy in person. Dont hide behind your keyboard. Looking forward to going to the FFA pull in Glenwood! Scott Knight.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 03:09PM
this sounds like a McGee spaeth pull everyone just stay home its not worth going

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 01, 2013 02:38AM
stay off the keyboard and spent some of your spare time working on your tractor. Maybe then you be able to compete!

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 29, 2013 03:12PM
I think a lot will stay home I know I will

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 30, 2013 06:57AM
Having went to the last two pulls in the fall where they had the track patrol sled it was a good turn out for being one of the last pulls of the year. I heard alot of compliments about track patrol and what a great job he done in Glenwood City. and being a farm stock puller in 6-10 pulls a year I have noticed I would too rather hook on track patrol. I'm sure the people running the pull have a good reason for picking wild rose. If it has anything to do with family members that pull liking wild rose and not wanting to hook track patrol, who has been there the two previous years and done a great job, then they need to get somebody else to run the pull.
But what ever the sled happens to be, I hope everybody will come out and support the GC FFA Alumni and help put on a great show. Looks like they have a good class lineup. I hope to see everybody in another month down in Glenwood City

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 06:51AM
Should be a big show at Hammod without Brad.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 08:48AM
I have seen all the different sleds over the years and agree that Brad's sled is not the best out there - proof of that on Saturday night at the Polk County Fair. Maybe he should charge a little more and put the money into fixing it. As far as picking a sled to help anyone's family, I'm not sure of that but I do agree that the sled can help out certain drivers. Hope to see a fair pull and that your FFA makes money. I do know what goes into running events like this and know the time and money it takes to pull off a good event but sometimes you can't "cheap out" so that you can make more in the long run by getting more people to turn out.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 03:02PM
I seen becker win the hot farm last yr in turtle lake by 70 ft then got last by 70 ft in heavy class. all tractors ran well. so ya wtf

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 03:10PM
His nitrous must have ran out. Oops. Gotta remember to refil!!

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 01, 2013 05:36AM
Good then we will have more fun!!!!

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 30, 2013 02:11PM
The first four farm classes will have factory rated horsepower limits. 4500-45hp, 5500-55hp, 7000-75hp, 9000-100hp. We are doing this in hopes guys will weight up for a second class and still be able to compete. As far as the sled goes, Brad gave the FFA alumni a better price. He is a good guy and a supporter of FFA organizations. As far as pulling goes, I love it, and will hook on any sled, I don't have a preference. Bill Spaeth.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 05:31AM
Will there be a dyno to check the horsepower or just factory rating?

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 08:53AM
There will be no dyno atleast there hasnt been in the past. But do not show up with a 4020 that goes 15mph and expect to pull in 9500 farmstock.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 02:03PM
No there will not be a dyno, it will be factory rated as stated in the previous post.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull July 31, 2013 02:17PM
Bill, what rules are you using for 5750-6750? Something like red cedar? Also bill get your phone ready and call whine-1-1 for a whaambulance immediately!! Some people are having too many whinekens with whamburgers and french cries!! knock it off sissies. STOP WHINING!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2013 03:09PM by Hand clutch.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 05, 2013 02:10PM
Yes, the 5750 and 6750 classes follow the Red Cedar rules for the most part, not sure if they are exact.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 05, 2013 02:40PM
Ok cool. My tractor fits there so I should be good to go. Thanks

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull August 17, 2013 06:07AM
Bringing back to top

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 04, 2013 11:13AM
Only 49 more hours to showtime! Everyone should come have some fun! Thanks Morgans for the space.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 04, 2013 01:38PM
What are some rules for Heavy Hot Farm?

Turbo size? In & out ?

Tire size?

Cut tires? or road wore?

A Pump ?

P Pump ?

Would to pull if it is a 3x3 with A Pump .

Thanks in advance.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 05, 2013 10:03AM
Why 75 HP in the 7000 class? That completely eliminates 4010/20 from running this class. You say you did this in hopes of getting guys to weight up, but with this rule anyone that brings their 4010 will only be able to pull once in the 9000 because none of them will be able to compete in the 9500 against the turbo tractors.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 05, 2013 01:28PM
There is a 10500 non turbo class also that they can pull in.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 05, 2013 01:31PM
Here are the rules for all classes!! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night! Thanks for supporting the FFA students!

2013 Glenwood City FFA Alumni Rustic Lore Tractor Pull
Tractor General Rules
1. Be a Professional. Must have tractor registered before class starts. No exceptions made. Can call ahead of time to get registered if your tractor is arriving late.
2. Pullers must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Minors must have parent or
guardian consent forms signed. No one under the age of 18 will pull outside the Farm Stock Classes. No one younger than 12 years of age will be allowed to pull.
3. All pulls will be made from drawbar.
4. The hitch height must not exceed 20 inches.
a. All pullers must furnish their own twisted clevis or a 3” hoop hole.
b. Clevis must be fastened to the drawbar with a 3/4” or larger bolt and safety pin.
5. One fuel type only.
6. Operator must remain seated and drive in a safe manner.
7. All tractors must be in neutral or park when being hooked or unhooked from sled.
8. Tractor must remain within the boundaries of the track. Failure to do so will result in
disqualification.
9. Loss of any weight or part of the tractor during the pull will be grounds for disqualification.
10. All pulls must start with a tight chain and be straight in-line with the sled.
11. All drivers pull at their own risk. Glenwood City FFA alumni or the Rustic Lore board shall not be held responsible for any accident or injuries.
12. Tractors will be stopped if front wheels are more than 24” off the ground.
13. All tractors must scale prior to hooking to sled, immediately prior to the start of your
class.
14. NO BEER OR ALCOHOL TO BE CONSUMED FOR CONTESTENTS!!!!
15. Track officials have the right to move a puller to a different class.
16. A driver’s meeting will be held prior to event start time.
17. The first puller has no option of a re-hook. Only chance to re-hook is if the sled has adjustments made to it.
18. In the speed limit classes, the puller has 100 feet to adjust his speed, after 100 feet any time of exceeding the speed will result in disqualification.
19. Violations of any rule shall constitute a disqualification. Arguing with judges will not be
tolerated, and will result in immediate disqualification.
20. ALL GENERAL RULES APPLY TO EVERY CLASS!!!
21. All JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!! Failure to obey track officials will result in
disqualification and may lead to removal from event.

Farm Stock Rules
4500 non-turbo 5 mph 5500 non-turbo 5 mph
7000 non-turbo 5 mph 9000 non-turbo 7 mph
9500 turbo 7 mph 10500 non-turbo 10 mph
11000 turbo 10 mph 13000 turbo 10 mph
Unlimited/ FWD No speed limit 15000 turbo 10 mph
1. All general rules apply.
2. Hitch must have 3 inch hole to drop hook into.
3. Must have OEM frames and front end. Cut tires not allowed.
4. Tractors must have working hydraulics and PTO.
5. Fuel source must be factory to make and model. If it’s a diesel it’s still a diesel, gas is gas etc…
6. Add on turbos allowed in 11000, 13000, 15000 lbs classes. Must be installed in a stock appearing manner.
7. Turbo Tractors: all oil lines, exhaust systems, and intake tubing must fit in a total stock manner and must be installed on tractor in order to compete. Stock air cleaner housings and correct plumbing required. Air filter elements not mandatory.
8. NO Duals
9. Tire size limit 18.4 x 38 4500 pound class to 10500 class, 20.8 x 42 11000 pound class and up
10. Horsepower limits to 4500-45 hp, 5500-55 hp, 7000-75 hp, 9000-100 hp
11. Unlimited class, you can shift up all you want but you can only downshift once.

Hobby Stock – no turbos
5500, 6500 lbs
1. ALL GENERAL RULES APPLY!
2. Tractors must have OEM stock engine block.
3. No V8 automobile engines
4. No cubic inch limit
5. Down draft allowed.
6. Four barrels allowed. No fuel injection.
7. One fuel type allowed. No fuel or air additives allowed such as nitrous oxide, methanol, or
nitro-methane.
8. Cut tires are allowed. 20.8 x 38 MAXIMUM. Any cut allowed.
9. All tractors must have steel flywheels, wheelie bars (connected in
at least two spots), a scatter shield at least ¼” thick (or a six-ply scatter blanket), and a
safety kill switch located a minimum of 24” above the drawbar, centered and directly
above the drawbar. Metal high fenders are recommended. All tractors must have a 2.5lb fire extinguisher installed within easy
reach of the driver.
10. Roll cages, wide front ends, five-point safety harnesses and complete SFI approved fire suit are recommended.
11. Electric fans are required. Stock engine driver fans are not allowed.
12. A signed driver statement required for flywheel.

Light Hot Farm
5,750 lbs (7 mph)
6,750 lbs (7 mph)
1. All general rules apply.
2. Blocks are limited to 1 (one) size up in series. Example: a Farmal “M” can have a “450” block. An Oliver 88 may have a Super 88 block.
3. No turbos will be allowed.
4. No down draft carburetor. Unless it was original factory equipment.
5. No airplane or tank carburetors.
6. No cut or back ground tires and maximum size limit of 18.4 X 38.
7. The tractor must have wheely bars that can support the tractor.
8. Tractors will be allowed to have side shields.
9. Rear fenders are recommended.
10. No 800 (eight hundred) components in Minneapolis Molines. No custom fabricated intakes, no headers.
11. Tractors running 30% over stock rpm must have adequate shrouding, blanket, safety shields.

Heavy Hot Farm
11500, 12500 lbs
1. ALL GENERAL RULES APPLY!
2. Up to 466ci - a 3x4 turbo is allowed. Above 466ci up to 600ci. - a 3x3 turbo is allowed.
3. Fuel pump restricted to an A-Pump, unless P-Pump came installed as OEM.
4. No cut tires allowed. 20.8 x 42 MAXIMUM
5. Roll Bar or Roll Cage required.
6. No RPM limit.
7. Block, driveline/transmission, rear axle, and sheet metal must match the model of
manufacturer.
8. No custom frames. Tractors must have stock wide front ends and frame
rails.
9. Must have working PTO or hydraulics.
10. Water injection is allowed.
11. Must have side shields if running a belt driven fan. An electric fan is preferred.
12. Wheelie bars and a kill switch located directly above the drawbar are required.

Open
7000, 9000, 10500 lbs
1. All General rules apply.
2.Multiple turbos are allowed.
3.Tractors allowed only ONE fuel injection pump.
a.No size restriction on fuel pumps.
b.One plunger per cylinder.
4.No use of nitrous oxide allowed.
5. 30.5 x 32 MAXIMUM tire size. Any cut allowed.
6.Alcohol allowed.
7.All tractors must be equipped with the following safety equipment: steel flywheel, wheelie bar with bumpers strong enough to support weight of tractor (bumpers must extend 2” beyond back of tires and be no higher than 10” off of the ground and must be connected in at least 2 places), fenders, kill switch (centered and directly above the drawbar), 2.5lb fire extinguisher, and SFI approved scatter blanket, and a roll cage. Seatbelt must work and be worn and a SFI approved helmet must be worn or tractor will not be able to pull. Tractor must have a second shutoff at the pump. Side shields must be able to be removed quickly.
8.Safety equipment and other components must be made available for inspection upon request of judges and upon protests.
9.SFI approved helmet and five-point harness required. This includes gloves and shoes SFI approved.
10. NO automobile engines

Super Farm
9300 lbs
2. Will be following NTPA Super Farm rules.

Trucks
6500, 8500 lbs
2. Trucks must be drove in. Not hauled in if you plan on pulling
3. 26 inch hitch is allowed.
4. Gas or diesel allowed

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 07, 2013 12:10PM
Thank you to all the pullers and spectators that came to the pull Friday night. Also, thank you to the workers that donated their time to help make the pull go on. Hope everyone had a good time.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 07, 2013 03:17PM
Thank you guys and gals,nice people and great track,awesome park area,cool creek bridge!!!!! People buy some of the t shirts,very nice pulling graphics.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 08, 2013 12:38AM
Thanks for coming Paul. Also, I would like to thank all the sponsors of the pull, without them we wouldn't be able to have this. Thank you.

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 08, 2013 02:26AM
Everybody did a great job at the pull seemed to go pretty well! cant wait to come back next year

Re: Glenwood City FFA Alumni Pull September 09, 2013 03:14AM
Thanks to all of our sponsors! Could not have done it without you!

Goody’s Pit Pumping LLC
MTS Trucking
Miller Transfer Inc.
Ag Star
Cedar River Potato
Afdahl Agronomy
Selective Countertops
Tractor Central
Press Reporter
Value Implement
St. Croix Tree Service
River Valley Ford Inc.
Mike Dorwin Custom Harvesting
Charles W. Rasmussen D.D.S.
Hiawatha National Bank
Ross’s Glenwood City Lockers
Herdsman Feeds Inc.
Keyes Chevytown
The Happy Cleaning Lady
Lofty Acres Dairy
Emerald Edge Holsteins
Parts City Auto Parts
Bill Spaeth
Tainter Machine
Kadingers
My Own Mgf Co.
Scott Teigen
Kip Wallace Cattle Co.
Farm Country Tire
Global Genetics
Brothers Mart
Emerald Township
Wynveen Auto Body
Countryside Co-op
J& C Trucking
Ron Prochnow
NAPA GC Auto Supply
Emerald Tire & Auto
Beskar Farms
Channel Seeds-Ryan Joy
Leonard’s Auto Body
Matt Dorwin Custom Round Baling
Blackhawk Nutrients LLC
Obermueller Trucking
Bernards Northtown Inc.
All State Ag Parts Inc.
Petes Automotive Supply
Dean Lemay
M & M Bar
Shotgun Suzies Saloon
Als Boondocks LLC
Doyle’s Farm & Home
Pumphouse
Dahl Well Drilling
Emmert & Sons
Henderson & Erickson Hogs
Poplar Inn
Wilson Nite Club
Lane Bernschot
Town of Emerald

Sorry if anyone was missed.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,789, Posts: 229,987, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,102, Posts: 226,064.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009