Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 10, 2013 10:32AM
Farm Stock Rules

The farm stock class is for tractors right out of the field. These tractors are the same appearance as when they come from the factory.

ALL GENERAL RULES APPLY!

Tractors may hook twice, once per weight class.

Only OEM stock engine blocks allowed. No 800 HD Minneapolis Moline engine components allowed. Block driveline/transmission and sheet metal must be of the same manufacturer.

Fenders are to be OEM only. They must support the weight of the driver and must be at least 6 inches above the tire. Clam shells are required on smaller weight classes, unless the tractor came without them (such as John Deere A’s and B’s.)

No tractors will be stripped to make a class.
a. All components must be on the tractor, i.e.: fenders, working PTO, hydraulics: it all needs to be there. In addition, OEM seats and grills are required.
b. All tractors 9000 lbs. and up must have a wide front end.

Only cast OEM heads allowed. Diesel to gas conversions is not allowed.
Side shields are not allowed unless it was OEM.
OEM frames only. No aluminum frames or custom built frames allowed.
No water injection allowed. Add on turbos are NOT allowed.
Turbo tractors: all oil lines, exhaust systems and intake tubing must be installed in a completely stock manner and must be installed in order to compete. Air filter elements are not required. Turbos must be OEM.

Only one injection pump allowed. One single updraft carburetor allowed and must be bolted to OEM stock intake manifolds without any alterations. No downdraft carburetors, unless OEM. Only OEM or after-market replacement manifolds allowed. Exhaust must exit in OEM location.

All pulls must be made from an OEM drawbar. Drawbar must be set up in such a manner that it will not move during a pull.
a. All tractors will hook to a clevis of some sort.
b. No drawbar will be stabilized with chains or irons.
c. Drawbar will be standard length as used on the farm.

Weights must be attached to a weight bracket. No weight can extend more than 24 inches beyond front of the tractor.

NO grace weight will be allowed.

Tractors newer than 1950 must have working PTO shafts and hydraulic systems. (Power steering and power brakes do NOT count as hydraulic system.) Upon the judge’s discretion, the PTO and hydraulics may be tested on a piece of equipment.

No weights will be hung off of 3-point arm in any fashion. A weight bracket must be installed.

Tire size still limited to 20.8 x 38, but now up to 13,000 lb. class instead of 12,000 lb. class. Also, 42’s OR 46’s can be used in classes above that.

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 10, 2013 12:00PM
I'm thinking NO farm tractors should have side shields...even though the Olivers came with them. My reasoning is this:You don't see very many oliver 88's or 77's operating with the original side shields on, but now when the rules say no shields unless factory i.e. Olivers, all off a sudden there's alot of Olivers showing up and kicking some ass with side shields. Side shields hide things....stock or not. Just sayin.....

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 10, 2013 01:50PM
So which 77 or 88 beat you so bad youre here making that kind of statement? And how many in this area are left that run that hard in the stock classes anyway?

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 10, 2013 11:38PM
How does no rpm or speed limit match up with stock oem drawbar????????????

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules ( correction) September 11, 2013 02:01AM
PULLING HITCH IS OK IN FARM CLASS SORRY FOR THE MIX UP

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 11, 2013 02:05AM
PULLING HITCH IS OK IN FARM CLASS SORRY FOR THE MIX UP

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 11, 2013 07:09AM
The ones from River falls. They should be in a hobby class. I realize there isn't much you can do when tyhere isn't a hobby class, and they obey the speed limit. I'm not starting to pick a fight. Just stating that side shields can hide things. No one else can have them so they shouldn't either. Take them off so everyone can see exactly what's in/on each others tractors externally and make it fair to that point. Then I have no problems. I know there are some orchard or mounted corn picker applications thathad side shields-maybe I'll out a pair on mine then so I can hide some stuff then too, but it'd be ok because it's in the parts book, right?

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 11, 2013 09:18AM
Not being a smart butt , but what Oliver's from river falls, farmstock with panels?

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 12, 2013 05:29AM
I'm not going to throw names on here, that's just professional, and maybe they're not from River falls-I may be wrong. The point I was making was two-fold. He's a little too hot for farm stock, but since they no longer have small hobby classes where is he supposed to run...I get that. And when it's a no speed limit or rpm rule and he's not breaking any other rules, what do you do? I get that also. My point is....if no other brands of tractors are running with side shields, no one should. I would be content if he ran with them, only during his pull. otherwise take them off before that so others are able to see his engine and make sure it's the correct motor, that's all. Just seems lately the Oliver guys have some very hot running tractors and they have side shields. Just was a rule I thought maybe should be dropped or "adjusted" to make sure all were pulling on the same page. Again, just a thought.

Re: Boyceville Pull Farm Stock Rules September 11, 2013 04:16AM
Any chance for lighter improved classes? Or is that a silly question because it doesn't matter if they're stock just gotta look the part?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 04:30AM by Hand clutch.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009