nfms 2014 September 11, 2013 05:22AM
applications for 2014nfms are out and ssd4x4 trucks are back.how much more of this are we going to have to put up with before promod 4x4 trucks are invited back! anybody else feel the same way?

Re: nfms 2014 September 11, 2013 11:39AM
I love the class. great time to walk the hallway and visit with everyone else that's out there, fact is when any door slammer class runs watch the crowd and see how many run for a beer before the real pulling starts.

Re: nfms 2014 September 11, 2013 12:07PM
They're trying so hard to bring out a younger crowd and I, for one, hope they don't get that crowd.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: nfms 2014 September 11, 2013 03:37PM
The younger crowd just comes for the beer.Go to Gordyville, the Friday night show is full of young people. They all stand in front of the beer gardens and take up space. They could care less about the pull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 03:38PM by yanmar55.

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 01:23AM
I disagree, yes its taking some figuring out and had a few bumps, but fans love this class, and they will make it work, other classes have had many issues figuring out Louisville its like pulling nowhere else! Mike Witt and Danny are two of the best at building tracks and putting pulls together, they know what will work, and to pay for a pull like Louisville you need to fill the seats every session, look how crowded the Sat noon session has been last couple years! Lets just hope they sale it out and can maybe start another session like on Friday and run other classes, like Minis and Lt Pros!

BB

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 01:49AM
The trucks on Saturday afternoon are a petty disgusing class to watch. I've been going to NFMS pull for a long time and I try to watch the whole show but this will probably the first year that I will probably go out into the halls and visit with everyone else simply because it is so bad that I don't believe I can honestly sit and watch it one more time. I can't believe the money that we pay to watch each session that we will be subject to another poor showing of a class that should be done away with! You know after 2-3 years they should have their act together on this class and I'm talking about the officials, it is not the pullers that are creating this problem, come on NFMS officials get you act together and give us the show we are paying for and I do mean "`GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER" on this class and if you can't handle it then get rid of it and that's the way I feel about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2013 01:51AM by farmall puller.

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 03:10AM
This is just an observation I saw at Bowling Green this year. For the first time ever, I sat in the bleachers on the south side of the tracks for the night session . When the SSD trucks started pulling, there was an exodus from the stands of spectators that was very apparent. I even commented to Jason and Lee about the stream of people leaving. Maybe, it was just time for them to leave as the trucks were the final class and it was late, but I thought if the class was so popular there would have been less people leaving. Again, just an observation, not a like or dislike. JW

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 04:23AM
bandit I'm not sure what was up in bowling green, but anyone who has been going to the NFMS for several years has to admit the Saturday session is definitely fuller since the diesel trucks have been added. i actually have several friends that go only to see that class. i really don't know what is so appealing about it compared to others, but at least the younger crowd is all about it.

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 10:30AM
the best thing any indoor event can do with trucks is to get a couple of big skid steers they can lift and manuever where the tractors can't, personally, I would rather watch tractors but I have seen diesel trucks save a couple of local pulls and be an asset to many others. Maybe someone that matters will try the skid loaders on the end of the track and see how much more efficient it can be.

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 12:15PM
Skid steer works great for moving these trucks around. We have a hole in one of the forks and just drop a spare 2 3/4ball in spin a nut on. Lift the front of the truck off the ground and move it around on the back tires. Simple and quick.

Re: nfms 2014 September 12, 2013 04:21AM
there will eventually and gradually continue to be class changes, but the ProMod4x4's are nowhere on the horizon, and actually near the bottom of the list of classes the NFMS committee would like to add.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason