oil system opinion October 08, 2013 03:12PM
Look for ideas to change over from factory oil system to what most guys r running with the external pumps what's it cost and options what all do I need

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 12:29AM
We run an Aviaid and drive assembly from vgm. The had all the pieces we needed. 641-799-4452

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 07:41AM
Did u change oil pan and everything also

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 02:38PM
I have been running the big pan and a crank drive oil pump just wasn't sure if I should bother spending the money one a external oil system

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 04:06PM
Save your money (I wish I would have). Your oil pump is plenty capable of lubing the engine.

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 09:33AM
Changed the pan and the filter stuff at them time from them.

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 12:09PM
A custum oil pan wont do anything for your engine except look pretty I had a stock pan with a 3 stage petterson bought a pretty pan and couldn't tell no difference

Re: oil system opinion October 09, 2013 02:20PM
Them custom pans with the extree oil capacity don't help nun at awl.
Don't help cool things, don't help keep from runnin' outa oil when revvin them 3000 rpm's (or maybee a bit mower).
I guess yew r right, don't hep a bit. The dang knob on the steerin wheel still squeaks.Eye Rolling

Re: oil system opinion October 10, 2013 11:23AM
Well smart a$$ weld your wifes bean kettle to the bottom of THE PAN .I like beating brains with more money than since with junk If you cant slip that out of the house 10 bucks worth of metal will do the trick you must pull atique with that 3000 rpm crap and the oil gets so hot in 12 seconds way more than 12 hours in the field unstop your head then use it save money to buy OBAMA CARE

Re: oil system opinion October 10, 2013 01:44PM
Nice job proving you have no clue!
My work here is done.

Re: oil system opinion October 11, 2013 03:22AM
lube man
Well smart a$$ weld your wifes bean kettle to the bottom of THE PAN .I like beating brains with more money than since with junk If you cant slip that out of the house 10 bucks worth of metal will do the trick you must pull atique with that 3000 rpm crap and the oil gets so hot in 12 seconds way more than 12 hours in the field unstop your head then use it save money to buy OBAMA CARE

This is why we can't have nice things....

Re: oil system opinion October 11, 2013 02:58PM
Thanks sbjd too and savings I think I will save the cash it did carry great oil pressure before

Re: oil system opinion October 12, 2013 02:14PM
Having an external oil pump is a good idea. This is a poor mans dry sump system. the external pump will create a vacuum in your motor and helps makes some free horsepower some say 10 to 20 who really knows but it does help on the oil leaks because of the vacuum it creates. I help with a Limited Pro and we found out that with the bigger turbo and more RPMs we were sucking the pan dry so if you want to turn the motor hard u need more oil. IMO if you can afford the system its worth it.

Re: oil system opinion October 12, 2013 03:13PM
I don't see any way that an external oil pump on a tractor is drawing any vacuum on the motor. On a true dry sump, yes. It has an oil tank with a vent to the atmosphere. So some of the stages on a dry sump draw oil and air to the tank. The air escapes through the vent and then the oil is pumped to the engine through a seperate stage of the pump. Any oil that is drawn in the pump on a tractor is delivered to the engine so there is no vacuum created in the process. if you want a vacuum in the pan on a tractor, you will have to make it a true dry sump and add an external oil tank. IMHO

Re: oil system opinion October 12, 2013 04:26PM
Easy guys, those oil pump salesmen need an angle too. With all that blowby from pulling engines you shouldn't need a pump. That trick of the week oil systems will make your tractor bigger, and that's the real reason for these trick oiling systems,, right?. Oil works best when hot, not cold, and if it's getting air in it, no external tank and pump is going to remove it..

Re: oil system opinion October 13, 2013 11:56AM
In the stock car world, it has been proven on the dyno that drawing a vacuum on the crankcase with a TRUE dry sump oiling system is worth some horsepower. As J+R stated though, having an external oil pump without an external oil tank does not make a true dry sump.

Re: oil system opinion October 13, 2013 12:22PM
BUT a tractor pull ain't a 500 mile race either. Two totally different applications. An exterior oil pump is just that, nothing more.

Re: oil system opinion October 13, 2013 01:30PM
I feel that the only real advantage of an external oil pump on a smaller single charger motor is that without the internal oil pump, there is room for a girdle. This is with a motor with the crank driven oil pump. If you have a cam driven oil pump, those are known to break the camshaft and an external oil pump is almost a necessesity. Now with a motor with larger or multiple chargers, the external oil pump is required to get enough volume for the motor and the turbo or turbos. You could have 2 stages of the pump for the motor and another for the turbos.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009