aluminum wide front end October 12, 2013 11:51PM
Getting ready to start another winter project, & this year instead of jumping cubes, going to do some lightening on my super mta pullers. I'm at 451 c..i. pulling 5500# to #7500. Greatest goal would see this tractor in 4500#. We'll see!!! Anyways, I would like to put an aluminum wide front end on, and would like to see some pics. & ideas of fellow pullers & fabricators who have made one or some styles. Please, open for any ideas, like I said, just in the planning phase of this project. Thanks guys for any type of input you may have. You guys have helped many times before, & would like to thank all, & sure some will do same again this time. Jim.

Re: aluminum wide front end October 13, 2013 01:25AM
There was a beautiful John Deere 4010 or 4020 I seen at the Keystone Nationals. It had a complete Aluminum frame and front end. It looked very good both in appearance and engineered.

Re: aluminum wide front end October 13, 2013 02:38AM
That 4010 belongs to Shawn Rodgers from Ontario. you can check it out at swotpa.com or he is on here farmers fun

Re: aluminum wide front end October 14, 2013 02:25AM
You will see some pictures of it here soon enough, perhaps by end of today.

Re: aluminum wide front end October 14, 2013 12:43PM
This is the axle we have run for 6 years now and have had no trouble at all. Have bounced it good and has never failed.

Re: aluminum wide front end October 14, 2013 01:57PM
That is a real nice fabrication on that front end. I really appreciate you taking the time to send some pics. Fantastic job. Any ideas on how much it weighs? About how wide did u go from hub to hub? Thanks again. Jim.

Re: aluminum wide front end October 16, 2013 12:34AM
If I remember correctly on weight, I think it's not more than 20 pounds without the spindles. Measurement from hub to hub I don't have right now, but it was made so the front wheels track within the rear wheels.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro