john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 01:18PM
hi i was told if ya want 2 no about an old pulling tractor this is the place 2 ask i would like 2 no if any of John Klugs 3 red baron tractors are still somewhere i no he had the 856 then the1066 and i think his last one was the3688 i have no idea how old John is nowbut would like 2 hear bout him he was a childhood hero

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 01:27PM
FYI- John Klug has been dead for many years;he died about a decade ago; I believe heart failure or something similar.Sorry to have to tell you that;but thought you might want to know.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 02:05PM
I was told the 1066 was ran by Bill Macanney (spelling) now is own by Leo Coleman of Coggon IA. Not sure if that's true though.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 02:36PM
To the best of my knowledge the 3688 was just a sheetmetal change to the 1066. The Red Baron was a 9 time NTPA Grand National Champion and a 4 time Indy Super Pull winner. He was also inducted into the NTPA hall of fame. The NTPA website has info about him in the hall of fame section.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 02:49PM
I'm from Stockport iowa and he did pass away in the mid 90's from heart problems.I had some work done from Jeff Suites in Ill and he told me he had owned 3688 chasis and sold it and I think it went to Kentucky.My brother worked for John and Connie in high school in the mid 80's and the old 1066 puller was put back to farm tractor and he planted with it.My brother would really like to find it,as far as we know it got traded to J.J Nichtings in pilot grove iowa.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 03:36PM
I worked for John and Connie from 1979 till 1984. John never talked much about the 856 even though he had pics of it. I might be wrong but I am thinking that that was origanlly the 806 out of Missouri that was called the "Red Baron", and he put 856 metal on it. He mentioned it once about doing that.There has been pics of John and the 1st 1066 at Bethany, Mo.. That tractor is the tractor my brother mentioned and John had put a cab on it, and that was what we planted with. That tractor was traded to J.J. Nichting in Pilot Grove, Ia. The 1066 "Red Baron" that he won all the championships with is the tractor I can not find. I do know that the long block went back to HyPer Max, Goodwins ran the fuel system and 4 charger set up, some of the sheet metal is in Kahoka, Mo., but nobody knows what happened to the chassis. The 3688 is in Kentucky and is called the "Red Rattler", but it is not a Super Stock anymore. Also that was a true 3688, and not the old 1066. I can not tell you what day John died, but I had just talked to him at the farm a couple of days before he died, and he died from a severe heart attack at his house. One note about the 1066 he farmed with, it had alot of different things going on in the engine department that he would not talk about, so who ever got that tractor had or has something different.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 03:06PM
Does anybody know if Billy Gibberson is still in southern Iowa? He used to to do a lot of wrenching on the Baron.

Re: john klugs tractors October 30, 2013 03:08PM
yes he lives in packwood Iowa

Re: john klugs tractors October 31, 2013 04:34AM
didn't he help or pull one of the berg tractors at one time

Re: john klugs tractors November 01, 2013 11:56AM
and tim engler

Re: john klugs tractors November 01, 2013 03:01PM
What about the tractor out of Iowa called the Iowa Red Baron?? I believe it was a 3688 and sold at auction a year ago or so down near Washington, Iowa. Was this one of Klugs as well??

Re: john klugs tractors November 07, 2013 01:35PM
Iowa Red Baron is now a hot farm in Tennessee. Was Goodwin's Against All Odds.

Re: john klugs tractors November 10, 2013 06:37AM
The Iowa Red Baron sold on Chuck Longs auction in Letts, Iowa, but wasn't anything to do with Klug. Klugs 3688 has been down south for sometime now. Jeff Sutts owned Johns' 3688 for a short time. Matter of fact, Jeff put an engine in the tractor, ran it at Gordyville, won with it there, and sold it that weekend.I know that Goodwins ran some of the fuel system and chargers off of the 1066 John ran. I have yet found anybody that knows for sure were the chassis is from the 1066 is.

Re: john klugs tractors November 10, 2013 10:35AM
Suits had tin work from John Burts Bootlegger. That was tin work ran at gordyville

Re: john klugs tractors November 10, 2013 02:38PM
Jeff told me he got it out of Neb.and that name sounds correct.but the chassis was the red baron John Klug and Ron Headly son has the org.side sheetmetal hanging up in shed.My brother is wrong about chucks last name, I think it's Johnson,or Johnston and iowa red baron sold at duwa's last yr on estate sale wellman iowa

Re: john klugs tractors November 11, 2013 12:50PM
I heard that John Burt bought it from Hyper and took it back to Nebraska. From there it was parted out, Goodwins got the chargers, and I think the trans and rear end were put in a Superfarm.

Re: john klugs tractors November 11, 2013 01:13PM
Call Jeff Suites in Ill. he can tell the hole story about the tractor.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009