BOB rules ky November 04, 2013 10:58AM
Is Blue grass still going to make the tubs go back into the olivers or is ky going to have two clubs with divided rules what a shame

Re: BOB rules ky November 04, 2013 11:13PM
It's not a shame it what's best for the class, they are having a rules meeting before the banquet for the llss class go if you have a prob with it. If you don't want to run the tub do t run it but you'll have to run ktpa all the time. The rule was made last year and the pullers were given a year to meet the rule. Not like this was just sprung on anyone. The horse is dead let it lay!

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 03:01AM
Is this a top secret meeting, this is the first I have heard of a rules meeting. This is a quote from Time clock "they are having a rules meeting before the banquet for the llss class go if you have a prob with it."

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 05:15AM
It's on there web site

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 05:27AM
Hush Hush , your mone than welcome to come , as far as i know all members were notified and all agreed on the meeting ! Do you have a tractor that is TUBLESS ? One of the main reasons is keeping the engine at the correct location ! And George its not talking about installing the whole freaking tub only from rear engine mount back !

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 06:05AM
I understand that fact and that makes it worse than ever. It would be easier and cheaper to reinstall the tub and swiss cheese it, than to cut up a nice tube frame and then cut a tub into and install the back half. Like I said earlier whoever came up with this cockamamie rule really needs to be made to sit in a corner and repeat " I am a dunderhead" at least a couple hundred times. I realize for those of you who continue to tell its a rule get over it, that just because its rule doesn't mean I have to get over it. It does however mean that if things improve for me that I won't be hooking with the battle of bluegrass circuit. I am sure they won't miss me and that doesn't really make me happy or sad. The only thing that it does bother me about is it does affect people that I consider friends. I have enough places to pull and the folks that passed this rule have made it evident they don't need me.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 06:15AM
Where is the rule that says you can remove the tub ? Can i remove the center section from my IH ?

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 09:41AM
Read the ntpa rule book under super stock jeff, it plainly states what can and can't be done with an ag rear tractor or the ppl rulebook and since you brought it up no you can't but you know as well as i do that ih, deere and ford and even massey ferguson on the older tractors are built different than an oliver, if you want to remove your center housing go buy a new case ih that has been made without the center section.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 09:57AM
What's NTPA rules have to do with anything? Other then the tractors that run mid south the NTPA chassis rules are not a factor to anything else. With BSTPA being a PPL club I would rather adopt there chassis rules. That would bring things closer to being a set of rules across the board. There are tractors set up both ways in the class already. the rule was agreed on before the 2013 season started, and everyone knew that it would take affect in the 2014 season. I'm pretty sure all of this has already ran it's course on here. It's really no different then putting a 1 1/2 deck plate on my tractor, I would only be able to run KTPA, just like it you don't want to run the tub you can't run BOB. A tractor can be built vary easily to run anywhere anytime just depends on how the guy wants to build it.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 12:24PM
Just wait till somebody breaks one two, and gets seriously injured or god forbid killed because of this cast frame rule. BOB will get the pants sued off them. Cast tubs got no business in tractor pulling. We ain't farming with them boys!! Its a shame that a good class like this has to have these set backs. How can you guys think this is safe? The last organization I pulled with stated. NO CAST FRAMES. You Boys At Bob Better rethink this rule before some one gets hurt.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 02:55PM
Hey law suit , you dont even have a clue !!!! not about a cast frame , the frame rails either go past to the rear end or they have tie bars , you need to go back to farming !

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 12:43PM
The facts are that if just a few IH's & maybe a JD or two show up to a pull, those guys will be perfectly happy. This is a repetitive scenario & it repeats itself in most every pulling organization past or present. The NTPA chassis rules have evolved over time via safety, not pissing & moaning of pullers. This kind of selfish antics are one of the main things that has held tractor pulling back as a national Motorsport. Pullers are so self centered as a breed that they cannot see past what is their personal beliefs/wants & what is good for the future of the class. I'm going further out to guess that the fact that Speigleburg has owned those guys a time or two might just have something to do with BOBs reasoning. Another fact is, BOB is a fad. History repeats itself. When I see this magical flexing chassis dominate the class, just maybe there might be justification to visit this concern. Guess it is time for someone to build a Wards & really make youguys scratch your heads. I hope you guys get your stuff straight before you set the class back 10 years.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 03:03PM
Hate to burst your bubble , NTPA has nothing to do with this matter , ? how is it a set-back and a safety issue ? as of 1/1/2014 this rule will be in effect

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 01:23AM
You are totally correct!! This has nothing to do with NTPA. It is all about the group of whiners that cry in Tommy's ear. As long as you guys are hooking with BOB & making $$ for Tom, he is going to let you crybabies vote in any nit picky rule you want. Keep up the great work, hope you end up with the 8-10 tractors you guys want. Like someone else mentioned, history repeats itself.

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 06:11AM
Sorry haven't been on there site in a while
Just been following them on Facebook

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 09:05AM
The rear engine don't bolt to the tub. The bell housing bolts to the tub 4 bolts holds it all in 2 in the front of the engine 2 in the bellhousing no tub rule would be fine with me but several tractors has been running that way for six or eight years now and in several different states mine didn't flex and it was cobeled up junk as someone stated I don't have a vote or the tractor but it sucks that just the central part of one state cant work together and have the same rules

Re: BOB rules ky November 04, 2013 11:52PM
the horse is dead and he stinks to high heaven, who ever decided that this was a necessary rule is an idiot (point blank), why anyone with a good wedge or tube chassis would cut it up and reinsert a butchered rear half of a tub is ridiculous. BTW, since the rule doesn't mention MH i guess just change rear ends.

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 01:08AM
Unfortunately I believe George is exactly right. From what I hear KTPA is going to benefit from this.

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 01:18AM
From a puller in the class, the rule was added to keep a flexing chassis coming into the class. Not that there are any out there now but there was talk of one being built so it was taken care of before it became a problem. KTPA has rules that BOB doesn't have already so a tractor could be but to only run one club of a guy wanted to anyways. The rule is in place and if you think it stinks George just stay in the stands. Llss is a great class in ky and other places no need for a couple new pullers to ruin a good thing.

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 10:32AM
We make the rules for our class ktpa needs to worry about there own if we loose one puller Coomer will send us three and they need the tractors.We average 9 to 15 tractors per hook they have 5

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 12:03PM
My old tractor ran 3 years no tub and no problems pruits has ran 7 or more no problems just say they cannot flex and must be rigid mitchells two head plates are gone and he will have side shields lets keep the rules in ky the same and have fun

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 12:14PM
How much flex is really in the frames on these short of tractors. If they keep the same wheel base as stock is there really much of an advantage.

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 06:24AM
Ntpa rules? No BOB an KTPA had the rules to begin with an ORV created them there's specific reasons why the rules are diff between Bob an ktpa more then half the llss run BOB ktpa has there little click so they can run whatever Bob has there rules wich if more then half the llss guys are running bob why would you run diffrent set of rules? Majority rules wish all organizations that Offer the llss class could meet somewhere but every one has there own "light limited thoughts" wich 6000 is as heavy as they need to be an 30.5 should be the tire limit. Just my 0.2

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 11:09AM
Bstpa falls under ppl chassis rules and they must also run the tub. The rule is going in, and all the pullers have know that it was going in. It wasn't mandatory until 2014. I think it's funny how it's always bob that's the problem...KTPA added a plate rule And a rule on pro fabs that could cut some tractors out. Please can you grown men start crying about that too???

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 05:30AM
Flex? You can't be serious with that statement. There is no way in heck a 1500hp tractor can flex a tube chassis if it is built by the specs. There is 18"-24" of flexible tubing there. Get real guys, you are doing nothing but giving yourselves black eyes. Sounds like everyone should adopt NTPA rules before you guys completely ruin all of the clubs. You guys went from having 3 clubs with identical rules to none. Now tell me how that is good for the sport?

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 09:20AM
your right ! they dont see the big picture, bob wants to be national but forgot about all other clubs that have tractors already built all over the country, like badger state , scwtp, ktpa, and the list goes on even in the bob, there is many ways to go about it but they chose to screw the lesser known tractors, its easy to see they (bob) dont want to have a national class (looks like they want their own sandbox)

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 12:32PM
You are right if three clubs in one state cant get there rules together how can everyone else. Every year someone wants to add something when the class started in ky it was 5700 pounds 24.5 tire limit no data loggers no such thing as engine plates ,and came real close to having a claimer on the turbo wich would have been a great rule this was not a ss class and wasn't meant to be. We already had them, and profab transmissions were suppose to be inside the housing not sticking out lets all every were go to ntpa ss rules with a single turbo limit and get it over with. Every class out there is just a class that money killed the class died and then got started over with a new name

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 02:16PM
Farmageddon if you would like to go see what the class would be like if it had not evolved over the years hit up a ORVTPA pull and watch "let it ride". LLSS has become a class that it takes some money to be up front, but there are guys running antiques that have 30 plus in there 3mph ride, to go win 100 bucks. it's all in what you want to do. Llss is a single charger super stock class now, and could knock on the door or some poor running multi charger rides. For someone who brags about only have 10k in a super stock tractor you would think that you would be all for a rule that would keep chassis out of the class that would just force the people who want to stay up front to slot holes or do whatever to make there tractor work like that. Then there you would be crying the blues that it cost to much to run a llss. There are tractors running with no side panels, go cart blankets, and paper plates for fenders and your worried about a pro fab sticking up out of the housing...open your eyes! It's not 1995!

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 12:27PM
The two plates are gone but then they went and changed the specs on the plate thickness, so if you would like to talk about rules being changes I would start over there. 1 1/8 inch plate with a chamber and. 3/4 inch plate with sleeves have been the specs for as long as there has been a rule in place. And Lewis it's a good thing that ol tractor of yours didn't flex or some of that cobbled up mess would have came apart! I'm all for taking the tubs out but there is going to be a lot of new chassis burning but when the center sections start coming out!! if I've done my math rite .750x.750 =1.500 you guys really stuck it to him!! Hahahaha

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 12:47PM
Math teacher the old cobbled up mess probably beat your a$$ several times do the math 3rd place points three years in a row not bad for a ten thousand dollar tractor in a fifty thousand dollar class you failed math as I did English ive got a cobbled up ih coming to a town near you so bring it on I splurged on this one 12 thousand if you have any junk I can use to finnish this let me no

Re: BOB rules ky November 05, 2013 03:43PM
10k is a awful tight budget, sure hope the county don't audit!!

Re: BOB rules ky November 06, 2013 04:38AM
what happens if your tractor never had a cast frame or torque tube ? there is some with steel frame and a driveshaft to rear axle.

Re: BOB rules ky to builder November 08, 2013 11:04AM
To builder mention ktpa and bob in the same sentence you wont get a answer I guese you done figured that one out

Re: BOB rules ky November 08, 2013 06:02PM
You can Hang with the powells , they have parts & helmets flyoff going down the track and not get a DQ ? They dont even have a firewall !

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 07:56AM
Yea and the white mare tractor has the same blanket that Mitchell has on his tractor and y'all let him run all year I don't understand? The sipes county up there y'all are happy with y'all's 10 tractor because y'all don't won't any more because y'all would have to do some work sipes ha swooped y'all's ass all year and he is going to keep soon it till y'all tear the rear end down and find his tracton control but y'all are to scared to protest

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 11:05AM
sipes has not got traction control everybody else just has to much power and spins out wile he chokes out and keeps the binder hooked up and still ahead and wins coverd in red has lots mower power

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 12:14PM
Sipes choke ?? I think you got it mistaken for Old Yeller ! I know that tractor seems to choke as it pulls off a win !

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 12:33PM
geuse so that other 20 or 30 foot takes a lot of extra power

Re: BOB rules ky November 09, 2013 12:45PM
I know, that's why when he hooked with Bob he was that far back ! On those loose tracks that ktpa has he does pretty good.

Re: BOB rules ky November 13, 2013 12:10PM
Yeah campbellsville was such a loose track and when he was at etown it had nothing to do with the tires his fuel pump was going down and for the next four or five pulls after etown he didn't win either til his new fuel pump came in then it was back to running strong but never mind all this bull I'm sure sipes and Mitchell would like for u all to find something else better to do then get on here and talk back and forth about which one is better they are both good pullers and both have there notes good or bad pretty sure they talk on the phone from time to time and neither dislikes one another so let the bull rest

Re: BOB rules ky November 10, 2013 11:28PM
Well y'all keep thinking that and keep getting ur ass handed to u eve very weekend and for the fact Mitchell has ran with them twice and one he had a brand new set of tires and missed his weight and if u was at etown at the Brest cancer pull he was only a foot or two behind sipes so rethink before u type

Re: BOB rules ky November 11, 2013 02:29AM
Mitchell bring it to Gordyville show them how much power you got !

Re: BOB rules ky November 11, 2013 07:33AM
Mitchell don well his first year in the class with the llss tractor he built.Everybody seems to forget Sipes has been around 30 years pulling ss with the same tractor he couldn't cut it with the big boys in the ss class that's why he stepped down a notch.Mitchell will take the class to the next level

Re: BOB rules ky November 12, 2013 09:52AM
Well if BOB says yes - Bob happen - when he does Bobit Bob it all - who the hell is Bob

Re: BOB rules ky November 12, 2013 01:04PM
Bob knos
Well if BOB says yes - Bob happen - when he does Bobit Bob it all - who the hell is Bob

Battle of the Bluegrass.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,757, Posts: 229,914, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM