brush pulling payback November 25, 2013 11:11AM
I am wondering how important payback prize money is to brush pullers. As money tightens up is payback money more important than having a place to pull?
I have been told that a lot of the smaller towns and groups are having trouble getting enough money to cover expenses.
Will pullers show up to pull where the payback is smaller or none at all just to have a place to pull. Money from sponsors is less for the most part as fewer businesses are involved with ag.
Please do not get on here and badger brush pulling.

Re: brush pulling payback November 25, 2013 11:51AM
To me, knowing I am covered by my associations insurance if far more important than prize money. I won't hook a non-sanctioned event for that reason even if the payback is higher.

Re: brush pulling payback November 25, 2013 12:23PM
I agree with that. In this litigious society we live in, I would rather sit at home than risk being sued and uninsured. Fortunately you can usually find a pull that is sanctioned and pays also. I can see brush pulls going by the wayside because of this. But that is just my opinion.

Re: brush pulling payback November 25, 2013 01:41PM
I agree with the above two posts but I think it also depends on the classes that you run. your farm tractor and street truck guys probably don't care so much about insurance or payback, their wanting to pull and have fun vs the superfarm or mod truck classes where the vehicles are high dollar and the need for insurance is more. don't get me wrong street trucks or to hot to farm tractors are probably more of a risk with less attention to safety equip so I don't think insurance should ever be sacrificed to raise payout

Re: brush pulling payback November 25, 2013 05:34PM
Money is not the biggest issue for us. Having fun and visiting with friends is important than money. It is nice to win enough to cover cost of fuel but we pull a lot of benefit pulls just for bragging rights. In my opinion pulls like the one Clayton Wi. Fireman put on labor day weekend is one of the best pulls. Lots of tractors and the puller are treated very good in my opinion with no pay back. The money raised goes to some one in need.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009