When should you decompress? December 20, 2013 12:22PM
At what point should a person decompress a engine? Running a case engine at 3000 rpm 500 to 600cc Vogel cam with valve reliefs cut .250 deep and a S400 2.8 by 3 charger. We are going to be running about a quart of water per pass also. I have been told to decompress and I have been told to leave it as is. Im just looking for someone who has ran a similar setup or just more info. thanks

Re: When should you decompress? December 20, 2013 02:42PM
Cuting your valve reliefs decompreses but your cam grind has alot to do with
were you want your compresion

Re: When should you decompress? December 21, 2013 09:18AM
I would leave it alone, by cutting .250 deep valve reliefs you have dropped the compression a pretty fair amount. If you really want an expert opinion I would give the man who made your cam a call. He truly is top shelf, and no doubt in my mind WILL NOT steer you wrong!.........at 3000 rpm you want lugability dropping compression will defiantly hinder your lugability.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,871, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM