IH transmission January 23, 2014 12:12PM
Will an IH try to jump out of third gear? We are pulling 14mph class and third gears is just right on low side of the t/a. what is needed I have bottom shaft support will I need to lock it in gear? Does anybody have a picture of how they lock it in gear. thanks

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 12:36PM
What model?

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 12:51PM
1066 trans. thanks

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 12:56PM
sorry its also a 12000# class

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 01:56PM
Never had any problems running third just make sure you have the bottom shaft support in there. I have run it for years in a 13500 class. If you do change your gear to a hardened gear or one with a different ratio make sure you get the adjustable shift fork so you can get the new gears lined up right.

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 02:59PM
You may want to shift into 3rd gear with engine shut off and grab tire and rock it back and forth a little to feel and here it shift into gear. The lever may not be perfectly lined up with 3rd, but that comes with wear and tear. Also I've had one jump out of high range when I pulled the t/a back once, just a split second of no gear contact and the shift mechanism on the range cover didn't "roll" into the spot to hold in gear, and the spring pressure pulled it back into neutral, this was caused by being too quick to "slam" it into high range with clutch a bit out of adjustment, leaving a little clutch drag to keep turning tranny. Since then, I always shift into gear before going onto track and shifting in and out of high range a couple times to make sure it if fully into high range. Darin

Re: IH transmission January 23, 2014 03:29PM
Thanks for all the help and info

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,742, Posts: 229,884, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM