bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 09:39AM
Day saved by a functioning blanket!

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 10:12AM
What do you think went wrong to cause failure? Glad not was hurt.

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 10:38AM
[youtu.be]

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 10:46AM
Thanks. I strongly believe any one pulling more antique tractor should have safety equipment. One bad accident and the insurance companies will price use out of pulling.

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 11:14AM
beleive it or not, we still have some fords and allis chalmers in southern indiana that are running cast flywheels that have been jimmy rigged into dual disc and are paper thin!!! and these idiots refuse to run a safety blanket!!!!!! they say its not farm stock if u put a blanket on it and that it wont fly apart at 3000 rpms... careless and brainless peolpe like this are the ones that will ruin tractor pulling for everyone, and will end it completely for someone when it flys apart and kills that one person.. sad but true. i wish a steel flywheel was mandatory, but a blanket i would be happy with

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 11:22AM
I agree and they should have wheelie bars. Bars don't make tractor run better just safer

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 27, 2014 06:36AM
I am in agreement with the need for safety equipment. I however am not so sure about the notion that one bad accident will stop all pulling.
As a group, sport, activity or club we pullers have a good loss history. If this line of reasoning is true, then there would be no insurance on anything.
How many farm accidents happen every year and how many were preventable? A truck driver can only work a set number of hours so is it reasonable for a farmer to work 20 hours a day and still be able to get insurance for a loss caused by fatigue? How many dollars are paid by insurance companies that are preventable? Can you still buy crop insurance after the big payouts of 2012?
Millions of dollars in losses are paid because of auto accidents but we keep on driving. Houses and barns are burning down every day and you can still build and still insure them. Some of the losses are accidents and others are stupidity. I know my auto insurance co just paid a big claim caused by stupidity of a driver. I am betting that driver will be driving again in less than 6 months and he will have insurance
I could go on forever but: Insurance is a calculated risk business and insurance companies know how to calculate. If there is a loss Insurance companies will evaluate what went wrong. I am confident after a short time there will be a policy offered and a dollar amount stated? After all Some one Insures NASCAR and we know of the risk and loss they have. Can we afford the insurance after a loss maybe not. I think as a whole we are safety aware. Could we do things different, sure most people can. Sorry to say be we all are a number in a formula by someone on the value of our life and property and the likelihood of a loss . If the numbers pan out and it is cheaper to pay the loss, the risk will not be fixed

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 10:31PM
Is this somebody we know, Jim?

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 26, 2014 10:42PM
friend on facebook shared it, from the Zwolle indoor pull. light superstock alky burner as seen on video?[youtu.be]

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 27, 2014 12:31AM
Ugly! Good evidence to take to a meeting and help others understand the importance of steel clutch components and a blanket.

Re: bad day? could have been worse? January 27, 2014 12:35AM
This is the Slow Motion light super stock from the Netherlands.

It happened during reving up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520