hardened connecting rods January 29, 2014 06:12AM
Has anyone used cryogenics to harden connecting rods? If so did the rods need to be resized after being treated? And lastly what Rockwell do rods normally get hardened to?

Re: hardened connecting rods January 29, 2014 03:23PM

Re: hardened connecting rods January 29, 2014 03:32PM
I have done quite a few parts. I have been running cryo rods for going on five years. I didn't need to have them resized. I have done rocker arms, crank shaft, turbo wheels, push rods, main caps. There isn't a lot of r&d on the cryo process but I can tell you I have never ruined a part that I have had treated. So either it works or I'm just really lucky.

Re: hardened connecting rods January 29, 2014 10:41PM
But, not all connecting rods are created equal when they are made OEM. What make and model of engine are you luckily running?? and what class/HP output are you??

Re: hardened connecting rods January 29, 2014 11:07PM
AC 426. 3500 series block and rotating assembly punched out to 480cid with a 3x3 charger on diesel. Built for a light limited class. Thanks for all the replies.

Re: hardened connecting rods January 30, 2014 02:19AM
I am running a 466. 3X3 charger. Just dynoed 1245 hp. I don't no if I would run that block and rotating assembly. I think you are flirting with disaster. Good luck this season

Re: hardened connecting rods January 30, 2014 02:46AM
Thanks I appreciate it and good luck to you too on this upcoming season. I think for all the more it costs I'm going to have some pieces done and see how it does.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009