New to pulling February 07, 2014 04:10PM
New to pulling but I am building a tractor. How do you time a injection pump. Mine has to be around 30. Think I have it at tdc but does it have to be on compression and how do I know. Which way to rotate engine and what to do with the pump. Have it bolted up. Do I need to unbolt it move crank then bolt back up? Any help would be nice. Thank you.

Re: New to pulling February 08, 2014 03:47AM
To find tdc both intake and exhaust valves must be closed and piston all the way to the top this is on number 1 piston. Once you have that to get 30 degrees on your fuel timeing you turn motor backwards 30 degrees than tighten the bolts that hold drive gear to your pump. Before all this you should take pump to pump shop and have it set so its delivering fuel on number 1 cylinder.

Re: New to pulling February 08, 2014 11:18AM
What engine and pump are building.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009