CNC machining February 17, 2014 01:35AM
Looking for a machinist that can CNC a custome billet alum head for an engine from scratch. Please help!

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 01:50AM
www.beaudryInc.com

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 03:12AM
I've seen some pretty impressive heads in the vg motorsports shop out of steel and aluminum may get in touch with then www.vg-motorsports.com

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 04:29AM
ok thank you!

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 04:29AM
ok thanks!

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 04:07AM
call rob lemke 262 844 0069

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 11:47AM
Do you have the head designed already? I would think any competent shop could machine a head from a solid model. The biggest expense is going to be in design and development.

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 12:31PM
CAM programmer is right. were talking about two different things here.. Bring a machinist a blue print and a blank and any good one can get it done for you but if your talking totally engineering the thing from scratch.... that's another story.

Re: CNC machining February 17, 2014 02:52PM
It still has to be drawn in their software. Everyone does not work with the same software. A solid may or may not be usable at any given machine shop. All a print is going to do is provide dimensions. You cannot stick any old print into a machine and run it. Very few are going to have the ability to do it in 5 axis. If they do you better have a big wallet. Making a basic head is not that big of a deal. Making a fully finished and ported head on a 5+ axis machine is. There's good reason why fully ported CNC heads are expensive. Those that are doing it have a monopoly over any one making a few heads.

Even if you have all your ducks in a row, and find a shop that can convert your files, just the prep work to generate the code and setup of the machine and tooling will eat a hole in your wallet and theirs. The first head will cost a bundle after that it's easy. All you have to do is feed the machine. Find out who makes the best head for your application and buy one. You will not get a bargain trying to find a shop that will just make you one.

Re: CNC machining February 18, 2014 07:22AM
ok who makes heads for Cat engines. Would like to use a 7.2L Cat engine to pull with being they are heui system i was thinkin of converting to a P-pump but that would involve changing the head design and overhead valve train to accommidate the manual injectors etc. If there is a supplier who has High performance cat parts who do i talk to?

Re: CNC machining February 18, 2014 11:20AM
simply make adapters from the heui bores to standard injectors. That is what they are doing for 7.3 powerstrokes.

Re: CNC machining February 18, 2014 11:25PM
ok great thanks for the advice and tips! these are questions ive had and been needing answers to. i appreciate it!

Re: CNC machining February 18, 2014 01:07PM
We do a lot of custom work and we have a really expensive software for design and programming we may be able to help but cam is right one off parts like that are very expensive Your probably looking at a couple thousand more than an IH head I would suggest modifying your head

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009