Need help with IH pinion pilot bearing March 05, 2014 06:40AM
I have a 856 rearend that had a 1256 transmission on it. I have upgraded to a different transmission with a different sized pilot bearing in the output gear. The pinion shaft has a pilot roller bearing that measures roughly 3 inches which fit fine in the old output on the transmission. I need to know if i can change the bearing on the pinion shaft to a smaller bearing to fit inside the output on the new trans, the hole in the new output is 2.75 roughly. Any body have any experience with such a problem?

Re: Need help with IH pinion pilot bearing March 05, 2014 12:59PM
Yes we have done that several times. I like using the 706 quill shaft in the speed tranny for a couple of reasons and when you do, you have to change the bearing on the pinion shaft. It is not hard. However IH changed part numbers and it is difficult to get the correct bearing from IH. I use the IH web parts for pics and parts diagrams.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009