Western April 12, 2014 10:26AM
Wasn't there a pull listed for Tulsa in May?

Re: Western April 12, 2014 03:08PM
Same weekend as an Outlaw pull with same classes, so no vehicles would show up and also Outlaw pull in the same town the next week. That promoter was about to have a disaster and pulled the plug if I had a guess.

Re: Western April 13, 2014 02:01PM
I agree it was doomed from the start. PPL does not have enough vehicles out that way and look at the small number of fans that showed up for the pull in Arizona last month. That will be a one and done deal just like the Texas pull PPL did a couple of years ago. It takes a while for a association to build up a fan base and following. I remember the first few years at Wheatland when there were hardly anybody in the stands and now it is doing good. Mr. Lucas could afford to take the hits for the first few years but most other promoters are not going to. Ask any of the promoters out west and they will tell you that outlaws draws a crowd and that is why they have over 50 pulls and a big payout to the pullers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,959, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,042.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009