JD Synchro Trans Issue June 25, 2014 02:46PM
I have a Mexican 4455 and started putting the transmission back together with a 7 1/2 gear in the 5th gear spot, and the synchronizer drum on the top shaft is hitting the new gear on the counter shaft since it is now bigger. Anyone else encounter this problem when installing the same setup? Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 25, 2014 11:13PM
You can machine the diameter of the syncro drum down a little if that looks like it will work, don't take too much off though, it will become weak and then you are opening yourself up for failure.

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 26, 2014 12:55PM
Do away with drum and synchronizers and go with collar shift .

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 26, 2014 02:11PM
Who makes a collar shift setup for these? Is it as simple as removing the drum and cage and replacing it with a collar and fork assembly? Is grinding an issue without the synchronizers? Does this setup work with the factory linkage? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really interested in doing this.

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 26, 2014 02:58PM
turn it into a generic 3 speed and weld high range pinion and reverse pinions to the top shaft. then grind the teeth off of the small back gear on the counter shaft. You will shear the high range pinion keys off if you don't weld it on anyway.

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 27, 2014 12:08PM
Built it my self made my own parts .would consider doing yours. But it takes a lot of time.

Re: JD Synchro Trans Issue June 27, 2014 01:55PM
Think we're going to machine some off the shoulder of the drum like Farmers Fun said, and also take some off the side of the gear and that should give us enough clearance.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms