NTPA low numbers July 10, 2014 11:56PM
I saw the DSS numbers from Alta and there was only 5 in the class and only three that are chasing points, then I looked at the results and in 5 classes they only had 31 hooks. Then I looked at the results from LaGrange and they only had 8 in the GN SF class and 18 hooks for the show. Whats going on with the low numbers with NTPA

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 01:01AM
Its hard to travels all over the country for very little money. maybe if daddy dave didnt take 50% of sponsorship money they would have more.
Purse's are the same as 20 years ago if not less. cost of living and fuel is probably 3-4 times higher then back then. the cost to build something to compete is way way more then back then.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 01:07AM
Mid week shows and 1 day shows always seem to have lower #'s. I know that it is a 3 hook GN Iowa run for this weekend also. The Low DSS #'s (THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOW ) the new Billet block rule for the DSS could be the problem. The 3 points running red tractors may have them and the other DSS are not going to run with them. NOT a boycott because there was 14 tractors in Tomah @ a SN show. I would have figured on some RN tractors being there at Alta. I think running a full GN summer in any class would challenging. As for the SF Lagrange and Charlotte were the same day with Charlotte being a 2 day hook. I think that the RN SF running for point would go to there RN 2 day show and not to a GN 1 day show. THIS IS ALL JUST AN OPINON.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 02:38AM
When you keep pullers on the dark & feed them BS, this is what happens. When Diesel Fuel is $4 a gallon, the price of a tractor is $250k + & you have to drive across the country for one hook because WPI doesn't plan out their events... People Quit! The lousy payout & attitude of NTPA doesn't help either. I wonder how many OPen Supers will show up @ Troy after the stunt NTPA pulled @ Tomah? It's a fact that you can field a NASCAR for what it takes to run a grand national puller. I'm honestly surprised the sport has held on as long as it has @ this level.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 03:40AM
not to mention the high cost of being a ntpa member. to many higher - ups in ntpa getting their pockets lined?

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 04:48AM
I see that PPL had 25 in just 2 classes last night in Freeport. 14 Open SS and 11 mods

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 05:12AM
The Lagrange show was a joke. Sorry if it's payout that needs fixed. But the whole show was less than 11/2 hr with 25 hooks

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 05:38AM
I personally am a huge pulling fan. And have always loved the NTPA. But it makes no sense to me how their shows are so expensive to book. The pay out is so low for the pullers they are lucky to pay for fuel. The points purse is next to nothing. I know you dont build a pulling tractor to make money. You would have to win every hook just to pay for fuel. Seems to me like the NTPA needs to start paying out instead of taking in! Or they will dry up! And that would be sad! The NTPA has made pulling the sport that it is today.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 10:40AM
in my opinion the alta pull is a catch 22 situation on one hand its a ntpa gn event and even tho there was only 30 or so hooks its still some of the best iron in the country on the other hand if alta was an outlaw event running right before rock valley i guarntee you could double the amount of hooks as last night if not more but you are not going to see the quality of iron it would be interesting tho if alta did try outlaws for a year and see how many hooks there were and how the attendance was because last nights attendance was way down from 2 years ago

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 01:21PM
My opinion there pay out sucks there tech
Sucks they ruined the sf class by letting everyone
Cheat like a bastard look at the gn sf hardley
Anyone left what a cheating mess and they don't
Want to support the new 4.1 class so I'm guessing
Ppl going to get a lot more tractors to come if
They don't change only my opinion thanks

Re: NTPA low numbers July 11, 2014 04:02PM
Yeah things are getting a little screwy when Shrameks and Larry and Lisa Peterson don't even run for the GN Points. And there some of the biggest surrporters of the Ntpa.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 12, 2014 12:57AM
How dare those pullers not go to every pull and spend their money for us fans' enjoyment. Who cares that they may have a family to be with or a business to run. Us fans need to see these classes filled to capacity even though we don't go out there and fill the classes ourselves. Shame on those pullers! *sarcasm*

Re: NTPA low numbers July 12, 2014 02:02AM
At Troy MO. NTPA had 35 total pullers in 4 GN classes. PPL had 25 in just there Pro Stock class. Just stating facts!

Re: NTPA low numbers July 12, 2014 08:26AM
Went to Troy last year. Good pull, great facility, and after they reweighted one class two or three times the show stretched out to be long enough!

Re: NTPA low numbers July 13, 2014 06:59AM
Need some facts Mad puller. Who's cheating???

Re: NTPA low numbers July 13, 2014 09:16AM
the class is bankrupting itself. Should have limited the size of the bottom charger years ago.

Re: NTPA low numbers July 13, 2014 12:34PM
I'd say the whole sport is bankrupting itself!

Re: NTPA low numbers July 14, 2014 09:02AM
I like how people are blaming lack of funds, talking about the long travel distance and the possibility of the sport bankrupting itself, Hilarious! Tougue Out

Funny how it doesn't seem to be effecting the PPL guys, the PPL is churning out 65 hooks at an IL national event and the NTPA GN struggles to put out 30 in the same state.

The NTPA's GN problem is not money or travel, its the fact that the NTPA is not puller friendly. Their loosing some of their most loyal GN committers every year, they are dang lucky to have their super national events!

Re: NTPA low numbers July 14, 2014 03:29PM
Take it from a PPL puller, lots of new faces and iron showing up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009