chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 12:33PM
jus wondering if either one of you two will be at wisner

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 12:39PM
I am pretty sure the way work is lining up it looks like Wisner for us.

Bone Twister group I believe is heading to the BG.

Also if things line up there may be 2 other region DSS coming to Wisner. Will know more after this weekend.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 01:24PM
For years you have been saying all these tractors are going to show up either in region 3 or at other pulls and it is always the same 4 or 5 tractors if that you should be a salesman because you are always blowing smoke.

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 01:51PM
All these tractors should be but none of them seam to run at the same time.

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 02:33PM
Sorry to disappoint. If you would only leave your name so I could apologize in person sometime.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 02:35PM by AV.

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 05, 2014 03:05PM
Really "Blowin Smoke"? As a promoter and a host of region DSS class I can tell you of at least 15 tractors you can call "region" tractors. To get all 15 of these together at one location at the same time seems to be an issue due to various reasons such as work, family, prior obligations, breakage, missing parts..... Do I need to continue? Adam is one of the people getting this class back up and going in region 3 & 5 and maybe you should think a little harder before you spout off..........

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 06, 2014 02:59AM
Adam has only been saying for 5 years on here that there is all kinds of Diesel Supers and not to worry about that class because there are plenty. Yet there is still always 3 or 4. His words..... no one else's.

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 06, 2014 03:28AM
There are more than there were 5 years ago in region 5 , Adam and Scott have a new tractor, then you have Bone Twister, Just Another One, Stray Horse Gone Wild and maybe one or two I'm missing , either way Adam is right there are new tractors but between keeping them togather and other obligations they can't all show up at every show.

Re: chance encounter and bone twister August 06, 2014 04:02AM
5 years huh?

Do you disagree that these new tractors exist???? There is not one thing I have said about numbers that isn't true. All is speculation and potential before a pull starts.

I can't make people pull them. I promote the class based of the numbers of tractors that were built these last few years. And it's fact the pool of DSS in Region 3 and 5 is bigger now than when we started pulling in 2008. Feel free to contact them all and ask them to come to the pulls you would like.

Not sure why the axe to grind??? Probably why there is no name posted.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 04:56AM
Adam,
It's not worth the fight with the keyboard hiders, I have tried. Do what you do! Keep doing what you are doing, it's great. The people that need to know, know. Jason

3 of a kind-Schultz Pulling Team Diesel Super Stock for 2015 is looking pretty sweet-heading to Max Simpson this week for under the hood, goodies. Thanks to Matt Goodwin, Ace Chassis, and Gary Schulte for getting it to this point!

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 01:35PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 05:03AM
Another new DSS? That's just crazy talk!

Looks great Jason see you guys in 15!

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 06:40AM
Breakdown region 3-5 supers 2014

Wadena 7 tractors
Dubuque 3
ellsworth 6
Rockwell 4
Monticello 4
sibley 4
menominee 5
waverly 6

Sure looks like their are more then 5 years ago the numbers don't lie.

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 09:56AM
Hey blowing smoke what tractor do you pull and what events have you been going to too help support the numbers..... ? or are you just another professional at running your mouth ya probably so. Compared to the past in region 3 and 5 I'd say numbers are up yet the weird thing is these tractors like anything do break down allowing numbers to vary from pull to pull and another wild thing is that some people have jobs and families and can't make it to every hook ha weird. What do you think blowing smoke did I just blow your mind? If your so concerned about numbers get off ur butt and promote a pull or better yet build a tractor.

RN DSS and there #'s August 07, 2014 12:07PM
DSS RN3 in MN - Becker, Dahl, Henderson, Miller, Peterson, Barfnecht, Blechinger, Rose
DSS RN3 in WI - McGiffin, Degenhardt, Kelly
DSS RN5 in IA - Vaske, Hovden, Schlabach, Schultz, Boeckmann, Williams, Demars, Ament
All of these guys have ran a RN DSS show this year or in the past.

I would think that all of these guys would like to be at the same show and run together. Work, family, and breakage are all reasons that they cant all be there at the same time.

I myself missed 2 RN5 hooks in Rockwell, 1 in Sibley, and a couple of MN RN and state hooks do to a turbo and fuel pump problems. I hope to run the rest of the MN hooks and RN 5 hook in Spencer IA. But it is up to the tractor if it wants to stay running. Trevor Miller

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 10:21AM
Hey blowin smoke, what about the caliber of tractor you are seeing now as opposed to 5 years ago? What's the #'s say on new builds vs the tractors pulling 5yrs ago? Any still running the same chassis? New tractors is progress. BTW their is no limit to how many you can add to the show ;-)

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 07, 2014 03:36AM
The numbers showing up are lower than I would like too, but I have no control over that.

Fact is there are 3 new DSS coming out for 2015 and that would make 8 new DSS since 2012.

We are all ears for suggestions to fix the problem. The pool of tractors are there. What do you suggest to increase the % of DSS that show up?

I have worked with NTPA for solutions to this, and to be honest no one wants to change anything over night. Some things haven't been implemented fully yet.

I know one big way to get more DSS at the hooks is book them on pulls that are 2 nights friday or sat or book them friday sat at venues that are close proximity to each other. One day wed hooks wont cut it to get everyone out. And to get IA guys to go to MN there needs to be 2 hooks to take them there. And it works the same for MN guys going to IA. Is that always doable no, but we need to set promoters up for success the best we can.

We will never get away from bad breakage in DSS. It's the nature of the beast and part of that class. But as the pool grows hopefully we will feel less and less of those effects as the years go on. Guys will get the new stuff dialed in, get the new kinks out, and get parts accumulated to run more. That takes time with new machines.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

DSS / Blowin Smoke?? August 13, 2014 02:58PM
I am really hoping that the numbers in this class would start to increase. I remember seeing a number of different hooks where there were double digit hooks for the diesel class. I don't know, don't have the answers for this class right now. I don't know if PPL would consider putting in a diesel super class or not.......I hate to say it, but the NTPA is not taking care of their pullers the way that other organizations do. I also don't think that PPL really needs this class......I know that from the show I saw last weekend (Hillsboro)- there was plenty of smoke and hard running tractors. Didn't see you there "Blowin Smoke"......maybe would have bought you a Sprite and bought you breakfast the next day!! Just chill out on numbers- maybe it is not the number of tractors that pull, but the association that they are pulling in???? So sit down and enjoy the smoke that you do see and that drifts into your face!! Or better yet- build one of your own and go kick some butt!!

I hate to see the diesel super class go like this. I hope to see more color and more numbers in the future!! Keep working hard Vaske and Schultz!!

If you build them, you must pull'em!!

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 11:59AM
Jason Schultz
Adam,
It's not worth the fight with the keyboard hiders, I have tried. Do what you do! Keep doing what you are doing, it's great. The people that need to know, know. Jason

3 of a kind-Schultz Pulling Team Diesel Super Stock for 2015 is looking pretty sweet-heading to Max Simpson this week for under the hood, goodies. Thanks to Matt Goodwin, Ace Chassis, and Gary Schulte for getting it to this point!

Cool cutout in the front. I notice some 88 series sheet metal in the back...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 01:36PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Adam here is our new one, support DSS pulling in 2015 August 06, 2014 03:09PM
Looks great, Jason. I cant seem to get my pictures from my cell phone to the web page. Files are excessively large I guess. My new diesel superstock should debut at the start of 2015 as well. If anyone needs proof, I guess you could text me or stop by the farm and have a look for yourself! Is there as much resentment out there for the diesel superstock class as this forum suggests? A couple of weeks ago I had to read about how the light pros were going to eliminate us. Now were are listening to opinions regarding the declining numbers in the class leading to our demise at the regional level. We could really use some good PR for our class right now!Maybe we ought to go ahead and part out now Jason before the class is shut down?!?! I guess I always thought the diesel super class had a great following. Without them, every other class looks the same. Single stack, 24.5 tire on aluminum. Could be pro- limited pro- superfarm- llss- etc. Listening to spectators hanging around beer tents and grandstands, a quarter of them dont know what class they are watching, and another quarter think they know! One thing that everyone should agree on is that when the diesel supers pull, they are seeing the most diverse display of ingenuity that the sport has to offer, and I appreciate the efforts of the teams dedicated to keeping this class alive. Neil 608-317-7321

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason