My Opinion--the five "stake holders" in pulling August 08, 2014 01:29PM
I have been thinking about the “stake holders” in Truck and Tractor pulling I have come to the conclusion after talking to several people that there are really five different “stake holders” in the sport.

For the first part of this opinion article I will be posting the first three of the “stake holders” .

I am going to list in the reverse order of their importance to the sport.

1; The Fan is the guy or gal that buys a ticket to attend the sport.

2; The Corporate Sponsors who pay the have their products advertised at the pull

3; The Promoters, the people that put on the pull.

The Fan; Unfortunately the sport of Truck and Tractor pulling really does not have a very strong corp of die hard pulling fans. While I realize this runs contrary to popular opinion I believe that the sport has not done very well in fostering a real fan base for the sport. Most pulling fans are either friends of a puller or they have a vehicle that they do or did pull at one time. Most fans in actuality only go to one or maybe two pulls a year. They come to the Saturday pull at the county fair.

Link to the Opinion Article on the five "stake holders" in pulling

Re: My Opinion--the five "stake holders" in pulling August 11, 2014 01:31PM
Dick!
I agree with you on the fans. Could you imagine this sport if it had the popularity of NASCAR or NHRA drag racing or even motocross for that matter. Would more events spark a larger , loyal fan base? Would more mainstream sponsors like the tractor manufacturers, or mobil oil, or even firestone spark up interest in the sport. After all JD did venture into motorsports that were'nt directly related to what they build, yet dont really seem to be concerned with this one. Imagine factory teams like case, and fendt! Pulls on primetime TV! I'm worried for this sport to become a thing of the past for the reasons you have spoke of in your letter. Fans come and go, promotors not having the cash to promote,pullers having to watch there travel expenses...... Equals not so good for future of sport. Or at the very least lower number of events to spectate or compete in. Just my opinion

My Opinion-Part 2- the five "stake holders" in pulling August 12, 2014 09:10AM
I am going to talk about the last two “stake holders” in the sport. And these two are far and away the two most important and controversial entities in the entire spectrum of truck and tractor pulling.

4; The Sanctioning Bodies the people that organize the pullers and write the rules.

5; The Pullers, the people that bring their vehicles to a show.

The “Sanctioning Bodies”. This group I like to think of as the “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”. They do a great job of writing good solid rules, they put together the schedules and provide the track and safety crews that make the pull run safely and smoothly. By and large they try and provide their member states with an organizational framework and a set of rules. Right or wrong sometimes the Sanctioning Bodies are viewed in a very negative

Link to part 2 on My Opinion article... the five "stake holders" in pulling

Re: My Opinion-Part 2- the five "stake holders" in pulling August 12, 2014 09:47AM
Dick, not your best work. Article seems little far flung.

Re: My Opinion-Part 2- the five "stake holders" in pulling August 13, 2014 11:28PM
Greg,
I am curious as to what you think he is far fetched on. I personally feel he nailed it dead on.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,598, Posts: 229,641, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,873.

Our newest member JD_8520