front weight bracket August 20, 2014 03:06PM
Going to make a front weight bracket on my tractor and was wondering what size of metal people are using. Going to be for John Deere weights and what spacing between the two flat plates that the weights hang on. And size for the tow hook.

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 12:31PM
Please

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 01:32PM
Go to a pull, look at a few tractors and figure it out

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 03:00PM
Sorry builder for my question. I just cant go to a pull because im not 16 yet and my dad is in the army and hoping to have this tractor done before he gets back. So im sorry you had too read my question. Thanks anyway

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 03:09PM
not sure with out looking at the setup u have. but i can tell ya that we mostly use 1/2 in thick steel plate maybe 4 - 5 in wide to hang the weights on

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 03:19PM
Thank you. Do you how farm apart so the weights don't hit on each side.

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 03:33PM
The bracket on my LPS is 1/2" by 6". The plates are 10" apart. I carry 12 100# weights. The tow hook is 3 1/2" diameter and 3/16" thick. Hope this helps. I use IH weights.

Re: front weight bracket August 21, 2014 04:23PM
I work on a 4020 super farm tractor and the front weight bracket is also 10 in apart, 1/2 inch thick. We use 55 series weights. Good luck with your build.

Re: front weight bracket August 22, 2014 04:56AM
What john deere tractor are you trying to hang weights on? I pull a 4010 bone stock, built a adapter bracket on the front of it that bolts into stock holes on it to be able to carry a factory john deere weight bracket. That worked good and then I tried to lighten things up by building a weight bracket that immulates the stock brakets you can buy but weigh less. My experience has been less than desirable as I have tried to hang to many weights on it and broke it and re welded it and so on. Granted im not the greates welder in the world but I can make things stick together pretty good. My suggestion would be to either find a used or buy a new weight bracket from John Deere that is steel NOT CAST (way to heavy out front to much counter weight) and use that. If you need to hand a single weight in that instance you have to either ratchet strap it to the bracket or or you could weld tabs on the sides that line up with bolt holes in the weight(s) and slide in a long bolt or redi rod to hold it to the bracket. I could send you a sketch if that would help out? Best of luck to you and thank your dad for his service from me!

Re: front weight bracket August 22, 2014 05:02AM
Thank you everybody for the info. You guys gave me the answers I need. Thank you

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009