New Generation Diesel / IHC 466 / 40 Series Detroit December 02, 2014 03:21AM
I would like to know if the new generation 466, will accept the front cover off a 436 or a 414, i'm wanting to install it into a 706 IHC, the motor came from a truck and the water neck on the right side, and the power steering drive on the left, both are out into the frame rails. needing help! thanks Jim.

Re: New Generation Diesel / IHC 466 / 40 Series Detroit December 03, 2014 06:14AM
It will fit with some modification, if you convert the 40 Detroit to a single idler gear. In stock form the 40 Detroit/NGD has a 2 idler gear setup and I don't think that will fit in the 414 cover. Ours has been converted to use all IHC timing gear components. The crank gears will interchange. Some of the 8mm bolt holes will also not line up and will need to be either elongated or plugged and relocated.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520