2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 12:08AM
I have a farm stock tractor and thinking about going to gordyville and I saw in the rules that there is a 8'6" max rop height. Also I saw the tractor has to be stock appearing. The rops on the tractor are factory installed and they are a little over 9' tall. My question is do they have to be cut down to 8'6" or do I leave them at factory specs for safety and appearance? Thanks

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 02:05AM
If possible, they should be lowered to 8'6". This will give you clearance between your pipe and the top of the roll bar. Leaving a little over 9 would probably work. But much higher than that will tear up the indoor pipe and sled induction pipe.

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 02:40AM
Probably? Seems like someone needs to be a little more clear before a guy puts a few hundred miles on the truck to get there and then can't pull. I think you would be hard pressed to find a 11,000 lb tractor with factory ROPS and 20.8s under 8'6". We were toying with the idea of coming, until we saw we would either have to build a new rollbar or hack apart our factory one. I understand the smoke stack has clearance issues, but a realistic (and clearly defined) height would be helpful.

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 03:03AM
Their rules say 8'6" so I'm assuming they want the tractors cage or roll bar in that general area. Its not hard to cut them down and reweld them. Just cut at the pedestals and reweld there. Then your ready for this year and next. Just happy to have someplace to go and run.

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 04:08AM
Call Klint Tucker at 309-353-7034 or his email is klint@whatssmokin.net.

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 04:19AM
Who came up with these rules. As of the other day only had five tractors signed up.

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 06:08AM
I had planned to pull there with my tractor, but after looking over some of the rules, I'd have to change a lot of piddly little things, and now this is something I didn't even see. I have a hard time believing a cage is lower than that. If it's a factory type ROPS, why couldn't you go under the bar with the pipe? After hearing the "farm stock" this is patterned for, I figure I'd just leave my tractor home. Road gear farm stock, with a 3LM turbo? Really?? So my turbo is not legal being a box stock S300 2.36", but no way would I even dream of a 20 mph gear on that great biting track!

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 03, 2014 08:08AM
look more people whining about rules, who would have thunk it? i dont get it, how can you whine? klint is nice enough to say hey im gonna try and give these farm stock guys a place to run. the rules are the rules, either change to them or shut up and stop crying...

Re: 2015 gordyville farmstock ROPS December 04, 2014 01:01AM
I have a 66 series Rops bar red in color that was built by Saginaw tractor and I had it built 6in shorter than factory. All the hardware with it 500.00. 270-945-one715. Thx

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,834, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro