Camera Ion or Go Pro November 28, 2014 01:49AM
What are the plus' and issues with the Go Pro Hero 3 vrs the Ion camera?

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro November 28, 2014 06:11AM
Hero 4 looks pretty good, has monitor built into the back of it.
Replay has new one that supposed to be improved.

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 02, 2014 12:26PM
go pro is prob way to go!!! it can be used for just about anything and lots of mount options>>

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 02, 2014 02:15PM
I've had both and I like the Ion for many reasons. The video and sound quality are great. Also, the ease of turning on to record is dummy proof and I don't have to wonder if I pushed the right buttons to record. And one of the main reasons I like the Ion is because they support the sport we all are here for.

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 03, 2014 03:55AM
Buzz1066
I've had both and I like the Ion for many reasons. The video and sound quality are great. Also, the ease of turning on to record is dummy proof and I don't have to wonder if I pushed the right buttons to record. And one of the main reasons I like the Ion is because they support the sport we all are here for.

To piggyback off of this, I have both cameras and I feel they have their pros and cons.
With the Ion camera, it is definitely great to just slide the switch and know that you're recording, but I feel that the sound gets distorted too much with louder engines. That's where the GoPro excels in my opinion. I use the vented back on the case and it muffles the sound just the right amount. Also, the GoPros seem like they would take more of a beating than the Ion would, but I may be fooled.

If possible, I would borrow each brand from someone and try them out to see what you like best. Because we all know about opinions...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 04, 2014 06:49AM
IONs are easy to use which I think is a plus for pulling. Say it is on the roll cage and all you have to do is slide it and not have to worry about holding the button then waiting on it to come on and see if it is recording. In my use, the IONs have better video quality and sound. I haven't used any of the newest GoPros either so I am sure they have improved as well. The ION is durable even if it isn't in a case. I had two of them on the road to get Barga's driving over them, it worked the first time but the second time they weren't right in the middle of the hauler and got hit by stuff under the trailer proably at 25-30 mph. They had nicks and scratches all over and lens wasn't damage and still work with no issues.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 04, 2014 08:21AM
I have used a Go Pro last two year on roll bar. Works great handles vibration and give very clear detailed view. I can control it with my smart phone by wi fi. very easy to use. Less than $200. have recorded over 4 hours one charge of batter and same memory card. I would buy another one.

Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 03, 2014 03:39AM
I have the contour on-board camera and really like it. I have used if for three seasons without a single problem.

Models? Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 10, 2014 11:09AM
There are various models of each from what see, recommendations on models?

Re: Models? Re: Camera Ion or Go Pro December 10, 2014 03:33PM
I have sliver go pro hero 3. it is couple years old. it comes with wi fi which allows to run the camera from your smart phone. you can also view the video on the phone as it is being shot. I am not sure features the Hero 4 has. The Hero 3 does everything I need and cost less the $200.00. Merry Christmas.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM