Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 04, 2014 01:08PM
Has anyone entertained the idea of building a Massey/Perkins DSS using a setup similar to the warpath tractor with the difference obviously being the multi charger setup?
Would it even work? Or is there things holding it back such as air flow or the block not holding the extra boost? Or isn't the v8 even legal in DSS?

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 05, 2014 12:18AM
The Angers in Quebec have put together a 3 or 4 charger alky V8 Perkins in their new Massey. They spent the whole season working out the bugs. My hat goes off to them for thinking outside of the box.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 05, 2014 10:31AM
Power of red
The Angers in Quebec have put together a 3 or 4 charger alky V8 Perkins in their new Massey. They spent the whole season working out the bugs. My hat goes off to them for thinking outside of the box.

Do you know where I can see a video of this tractor?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 08, 2014 12:07AM
John, I looked everywhere on youtube for a video and could not find one, I shot a short one on the Saturday night session in Casselman in July, but the tractor did not hook, it blew a valve cover off making its way to the sled. I sure there got to be some videos of it somewhere. I just haven't had the patience to look trough all the ASTTQ SS class videos for the 2014 season

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 08, 2014 07:03AM
This video has the Anger tractor on the track but did not get off the line.
It is the last hook
Not sure if the ever got a full pass, the ASTTQ results show a lot of frustration for them

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 05, 2014 12:49PM
there was a ss/mf in ill a while ago.the heads and crank would be the hardest part. also ya got consider the over/under cu.in limit and chargers allowed.

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 06, 2014 05:44AM
yeah andy buhr a few years ago had a light super in illinois a 1155 on diesel and it had all kinds of power it was probably put together by his brother in law sandefur but i guess he scrapped it now but the couple times i saw it run it had all kinds of power but i dont know why he gave up on it

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 06, 2014 02:59PM
If memory serves me correctly, I had heard some rumors Andy went to alcohol. Not sure the accuracy of that as I don't know for sure. His smoker sure was fun to see run for sure.

[www.illianapullers.com]

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 06, 2014 04:05PM
The massey with the Perkins was full of challenges I decided not to pursue with the multi charger setup. The 1155 tractor got parted out, I built a new component tractor over the last few years, this one is a MM G1000 on smoke. Had some issues last year but should have things going again for 2015.

As far as the Perkins with multi chargers goes, you would need an engine program similar to what Carlton has and then some. I would love to see one built as it would be exciting to watch.

Andy Buhr

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 08, 2014 12:03AM
What rear and trans did you run in your MF and how light was it?

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 08, 2014 06:11AM
Silly question here, Can perkins be made to handle high HP? like some of the ones found in olivers? Im just curious why we dont see many above the Farm stock level.

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 09, 2014 12:14AM
The rear end I used was from an 1100. The tractor was around 6100 with me on it. It had 3 chargers and 8 ply pullers.

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 09, 2014 02:27PM
Andy, By chance do you have any pics of your MM? Does it have a Moline engine or did you use another color?

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 09, 2014 03:39PM
Here is Andy's Tractor from the Illinois State Fair in 2013.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 10, 2014 07:23AM
Here is a photo of Andy's tractor I found earlier in the year. Obviously, not my photo but the watermark gives credit where it belongs.

Re: Diesel Super Stock Perkins December 11, 2014 11:25AM
Wow, love it !!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM