NTPA special award?? December 02, 2014 01:01PM
who do you guys think will get awards this year? clearly point champs would but who was best in the mod class? rookie of the year? light unlimited? I think NTPA had some quality tractors even though numbers where down. clearly i am a mod fan lol just wonder what ever one else though

Re: NTPA special award?? December 02, 2014 04:37PM
I would say rookie of the year is probably Jacob Ohl for nearly winning a GN title in his first season with NTPA.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: NTPA special award?? December 09, 2014 12:16PM
apparently not. Julie Rose got rookie of the year. i feel bad for him. he had a better winning recored and i watch him pull one hell of a driver in every thing he has driven! he will be one to watch as he keeps pulling

Re: NTPA special award?? December 09, 2014 02:50PM
Did Dave Shierer really induct himself in to the NTPA hall of fame

Re: NTPA special award?? December 10, 2014 12:40AM
Yes... Yes he did lol but it he has saved Ntpa form like a million dollars on the hole! Good for him on that note

Re: NTPA special award?? December 10, 2014 09:50AM
that figurers and he forgot the people that worked hard and pulled for next to nothing and the former sleds of the NTPA that he threw under the bus for his modern day success. What a joke.

Re: NTPA special award?? December 10, 2014 11:36AM
It sounds like something Michael Scott on the "Office" would do, kinda goofy sounding.

Re: NTPA special award?? December 10, 2014 01:14PM
Schrier doesn't pick who gets into the NTPA Hall of Fame. That honor is bestowed on deserving individuals by a committee which accepts nominations from others during the year. Does Dave have a say? Yes, he does. I am not privy to the whole process, but I am sure Dave was humbled by he recognition. Haters gonna hate. JW

Re: NTPA special award?? December 11, 2014 12:30AM
R U NTPA's long lost step child or what? There are a ton of people far more worthy of the Hall of Fame than your right hand man.

Re: NTPA special award?? December 11, 2014 01:51PM
No long lost nothing. I just get so tired of the bashing that gets directed at NTPA, PPL, DPS, tech people, etc. when the people doing the bashing don't have a clue about what they are bitching about. And again, my name is here. Where is yours? JW

Re: NTPA special award?? December 12, 2014 02:59AM
If you rub shoulders enough with NTPA share holders you can get in whether you deserve to or not. Not a matter of bashing it is a matter of fact. There are many far more deserving of than those chosen. Example: How about John Dudeck from Kendall Oil. How about Ron Barge, to name a few.

Re: NTPA special award?? December 11, 2014 01:19AM
Just as in other types of politics,paybacks ie recognition to those supporters of the cause, right or wrong, just the way it is

I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 12, 2014 02:13PM
John Dudick from Kendall. Kendall supported the spirt for many years and there were to many events he missed.

Ron Barga-Nuff said

Jim Brockman- mini or TWD

Rich Miller- only puller I know of to run a billet block in the ltss class. Won the 1981 GN points championship, in 1982 the rules were changed to outlaw it. The billet block argument has been around for 35 years. When he went to Pegasus he and Ken Veney designed a hemi style head for an inline 6, well ahead of most others.

Harris and Gingerich- first pullers to run an intercoolers on the ltss class circa 1974. Harris would later go on to work as Technical director on two different stints and ushered in what was known as the clutch inspection program.

Conner Bros- really does that one need an explanation. You induct them, announce it early that they are being inducted and you'll see the best attended banquet ever!

Jeff Fowler- One of the greatest engine builders ever.

Dave Thompson- multiple RN Championships in different regions, several years

There are plent of deserving people out there. People that have been forgotten, because the perception and reality is it's not high on the priority list. All great sports embrace their history. Most successful businesses don't forget where they come from. Pulling has and that is why you see the disarray that you do. So BANDIT, who is this committee that accepts nominations. I don't ever recall seeing one in the voting forms sent out every year, so who is doing the nominating? Who determines if an individual is worthy? With so much smoke n mirrors it's no wonder it's under scrutiny. Why all the secrecy? It's a rhetorical question. Why hasn't Ron Barga been inducted? The answer you will get is because he is still an active puller. Once again though the double damn standard. Dave is still an active CEO, so why doesn't the same logic apply? If we are going to nominate active pullers Holmans, BV, Esdon would be a few names to add. I'll tell you why Ron Barga doesn't get in, it has nothing to do with his accomplishments as a puller, he questioned boldly some of the garbage that has gone on. What about Wilson's with the Little American? Norm a Smith is in there with John Shaul and he was a hired gun. What about Gord Oughtred, could be wrong but I believe he is the only Canadian to ever win a GN championship. If not the only he was the first. Seems like to me this committee that you speak of could use a history lesson in their own sport. Maybe instead of getting drunk on Friday night you have a real HOF induction ceremony at the annual banquet weekend. Might be able to get more than 2 a year in that way. I would say these following categories would be great: mods (minis with mods) tractors, trucks, builders/suppliers, promoters/sponsors. Names are falling through the cracks and the sport needs to be shown the respect it deserves.

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 12, 2014 02:16PM
Weren't to many events John Dudick missed, sorry for the typo. Hard to do on an iPhone, especially when you are passionate about the topic.

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 12, 2014 03:47PM
OP
Dave is still an active CEO.
That's funny, you made me laugh with that one... "active"... that makes me laugh out loud... "Dave" and "active" in the same sentence!Grinning

Oh, when you said "active" you meant still collecting a hefty paycheck for doing nothing. Sorry my misunderstanding. I do think he should get in eventually, just not while he's still "active" (for lack of a better term). Although if you exclude his paycheck many would argue that he's already been in "retirement" for a number of years!Spinning

Milton Bradley December 12, 2014 06:33PM
Active was used in a loose term there, maybe you don't quite understand facetiousness or sarcasm. Active was used to show the hypocrisy in their logic. They refuse to put "active" pullers such as Ron Barga in there, but will put the CEO in there. Now getting into a debate about how active he is, is a different conversation. There are plenty of active, competitive, HOF worthy people out there. You can't/shouldn't live by the double standard.

The Checkered Game of Life December 13, 2014 01:14AM
OP
maybe you don't quite understand facetiousness or sarcasm.
Please take note of the smiley faces in my post, they generally indicate a lack of seriousness otherwise known as a JOKE.Eye Rolling(this smiley face is an eye roll to indicate that I can't believe you don't 'get' jokes!) Now, if you simply read the content of those jokes you may actually take note of a "hint" of sarcasm. To be clear, everyone in the world actually knows what you meant by "active", I was using an alternate definition of the word "active" which stands in juxtaposition to that of a rigid and stoic elderly man. You probably didn't get the joke about "retirement" either but I don't have time to explain it I need to get out to the shop. You're 100% correct that one of us doesn't 'get' sarcasm! (Do you 'get' irony?)Winking

To be completely clear: Dave Should not be in yet, eventually, but not yet! Everyone understands that Dave getting in now is a farce, but it is what it is.

Go to the head of the class! December 13, 2014 03:48AM
Your lesson in the Englush language and it's many uses is noted. I am glad we have come to an understanding on facetiousness, sarcasm, irony, and idioms. You are a man of brilliance not often encountered on the gossip/opinion columns. If I may opine on DPS, I agree, it is one of the inevitables in life, and right wrong live or hate he deserves it. I will stick by my idea that instead of the CENPECO Happy Fest, it would be more fitting to have a CENPECO Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, where much like other sports more than two people can be recognized. Hey, what do I know though, I'm just another idiot on a message board. You are at the Head Of The Class, I appreciate your time as true teacher to educate me in the error of my ways. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and have enjoyed our little diatribe. God bless and stay warm out there in the shop.

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 13, 2014 03:25AM
Why can't the NTPA seem to do anything right. They put Dave into the hall of fame when there are so many others that are retired pullers that should be in front Dave. And now they are putting so much time and effort into there indoor pull when there are so many issues that NTPA needs to be working on. If no one has noticed the NTPA keeps bleeding pullers to PPL and Outlaws. For every puller that comes back to NTPA 10 leave to pull somewhere else. Pretending things are great changes nothing,

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 13, 2014 03:32AM
drumroll pleeeeze..............................MR. O Grinning

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 13, 2014 05:08AM
I don't really have an opinion that I want to express on most of this but I do think that people need to understand that NTPA is not putting on the pull in Cloverdale,In. The people that own the building are putting on the pull and NTPA is sanctioning the pull. Is NTPA pushing the pull Hoping for it to be a success, sure they are, why wouldn't they?

S'no Farmer

Re: I have a list, and questions for Bandit December 13, 2014 08:18AM
I have decided a lot of people have missed there calling Monday night Raw would be a good start sounds like a lot of wwe superstars lol

Re: Two more names for the list December 13, 2014 11:48PM
John Wilkins and J.R. Collins. Do I seriously need to explain why ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,699, Posts: 229,799, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard