should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 03:28AM
I had a tough question asked to me today. Should companies warranty new pulling parts if they don't make it through first dyno run? Thoughts

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 04:03AM
Tough question is right. The $64 question is was the failed part actually faulty or did something else cause it to fail? Generally your more reputable parts suppliers will work with a customer to fix the problem if they have one.

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 06:29AM
Video recorders would be benificial in dyno booths for this reason as well. Good question.

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 09:00AM
Should a reputable engine builder warranty or even offer to repair an engine that pukes on the dyno? Common build, new parts nothing extreme.

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 11:57AM
I'd say it would depend on what caused it to blow up

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 22, 2014 01:59PM
That is a very tuff question. There is alot that plays into that issue (understatement), I was tought when I was young that the number one thing is to trust the builder and know and understand that the engine that you are building is not stock, you are pushing the limit and anything can happen good or bad . A person can only hope that he treat people the same way that he wants to be treated, in this case no matter what side of the dollar he is on. If a prson runs his business this way there should be no trouble. Have a great and happy holiday.

dumbest question ever December 23, 2014 09:18AM
If it's used for any format of racing, there is no warranty whether it's on the dynamic or the track. It's just wishful thinking otherwise. A builder may work with a customer to make something right as there own decision, but it's ALWAYS the buyers responsibility to make sure everything in that vehicle will work as intended.

Re: dumbest question ever December 23, 2014 10:02AM
I think this can sum it up for me. This place i buy Motorcycle parts includes this with every purchase. Knowing it is a race part or part of a race bike. I changed the name of the
shop.
Dyno vs track shouldn't matter on workmanship.It is the owners baby . If the parts vendor Will help the customer/builder on parts etc, it is usally good faith or a loyalty thing.
I have been there on both sides as well
Mike Hatfield

1. Disclaimer of Warranties. Seller builder, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER CONCERNING THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BORNE BY YOU. IF THIS PRODUCT PROVES DEFECTIVE AFTER PURCHASE, YOU, AND NOT Seller builder, INC., NOR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OR RETAILER, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING AND/OR REPAIRS.

2. Use of Product at Purchaser's Own Risk. You agree and acknowledge that the use, installation, and/or operation of this product shall be at your own risk and may result in severe injury, death, and/or damage to person or property.

3. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Seller builder inc MOTORSPORTS, INC., SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, OR LOSS OF USE, INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PRODUCT'S USE, INSTALLATION, AND/OR PERFORMANCE, WHETHER SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PARTY, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, EVEN IF Seller Builder MOTORSPORTS, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT OTHERWISE LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST Seller Builder MOTORSPORTS, INC. BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THIS PRODUCT.

4. Miscellaneous. This Disclaimer of Warranties ("Disclaimer") represents the complete and exclusive agreement between You and Seller builder Motorsports, Inc., and supersedes any prior agreements and/or communications regarding the subject matter hereof. The terms of this Disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of _____, without regard to any conflict of law principle that would result in the laws of any other jurisdiction governing this Disclaimer. Any action or proceeding arising out of this Disclaimer shall be litigated in courts located in Adams County, Indiana. You consent and submit to the jurisdiction of any local, state, or federal court located in _______________. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this product, whether in contract, tort, otherwise, must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. If any term or provision contained in this Disclaimer is determined to be unenforceable in any respect, the enforceability of the term or provision in any other respect, and of the remaining terms or provisions of this Disclaimer, shall not be impaired.

Re: dumbest question ever December 23, 2014 02:39PM
Amen.

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 26, 2014 10:18AM
I was told by a lawyer that if you can prove bad part or bad workmanship you can go after a builder for a pretty long time after rebuild. You can even have a builder pay you your money back . Disclaimers are for honest people to go by. Lawyers and some pullers are not.

Re: should companies warranty faulty parts? December 26, 2014 11:13AM
When the parts go bad and look like three 16 year old boys spent two hours on it with a sledge hammer it would be hard to prove anything .But with a high dollar build with the pro builder doing the work and dyno work included it should at least make it past that but more engines blow on the dyno than the track it could be ross pistons, clevite bearings, Peterson pumps ,something the builder used that was defective maybe they should be the ones that pay a mosquito in a fuel line blew my tractor up this fall burnt piston burnt sleeve and got the exaust valve little things can cause big problems good luck they all blow up its just when

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009