Simpson water Injection vs. Electric pump style January 15, 2015 01:18AM
What are the pros/cons to a Simpson variable water injection system? I am currently running a electric system that turns on with a switch activated by boost. My pump puts out about 730psi and I'm using 3 Enderle nozzles in the crossover. This set up is on a limited rpm SBJD. 404 ci. Limited turbo with p pump. I am thinking about going to a Simpson style system since they meter the water directly using the boost. Has anybody did the switch from electric to Simpson? Power gains? Responsiveness? Doesn't snuff as easy? Thanks for the input.

Re: Simpson water Injection vs. Electric pump style January 15, 2015 02:25PM
Any thoughts?

Re: Simpson water Injection vs. Electric pump style January 15, 2015 11:37PM
if your not running port injection it would be a waste of money. If tour snuffing it you probably have other issues not a water problem.

Re: Simpson water Injection vs. Electric pump style January 16, 2015 12:42AM
Been there done that ! Yes going to the simpson valve will help you . As to how much it depends on how much water you are putting in to start with ..

Re: Simpson water Injection vs. Electric pump style January 17, 2015 01:55AM
If you would like to stage it you can ad switches to come on when you make more boost or have pyrometer switches that turn more on at preset temperatures. Colberg has pressure setups and Shied used to have temp setups. Or you can dig in and go to a fluid power / automated manufacturing shop and setup your own. Drag racers also use temp switches or boost switches to turn on or off NOS their intercooler pumps. You can use your electric pump to do a lot if you do some thinking.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro