Spring planting thoughts March 14, 2015 03:15PM
well, after such crappy crop prices for 2014, and an even bleak outlook for 2015, what are everyones thoughts and plans for this upcoming planting season?

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 12:39AM
Crank up and get in the ground, never in my 60 some years have I seen anyone let a little thing like cheap price let them not roll them planters. Remember there is always someone waiting to take over.

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 02:28PM
I don't get it 16,000 doesn't pencil out but I know it's happening one a few miles from us went for over 17,000 last year

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 12:51PM
Same thing here. Just gotta be a bit more economical, make some wiser marketing decisions. Upgraded auto steer on sprayer and row shut off on planter should help keep some money back.

The smart ones will work through it

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 03:04PM
Lovespullin
Same thing here. Just gotta be a bit more economical, make some wiser marketing decisions. Upgraded auto steer on sprayer and row shut off on planter should help keep some money back.

The smart ones will work through it
My wiser marketing decision is this, I am hanging on to half of my 2014 corn crop un till it reaches $5.00 a bushel. Now when you have NOTHING and NO debt and can still drive a planter by hand, you can do that.

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 16, 2015 01:52AM
Keeping planter in the shed, seed in the bag and buying corn to fill my customers needs for this year. Can't begin to pencil it out for the first time in 30 years. Input cost are way out of line ! Why risk it when I can buy corn with no risk and fill this years needs.

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 16, 2015 03:25PM
we usually have 200 per acre without any trouble some years we do better.

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 01:34PM
I agree that someone is always waiting to take over! Just lost a farm I rented for 24years to a sealed bid sale. Apparently people here in SW WI aren't scared of the market by the price they were willing to pay for land. Larger farm sold last year for 10.5K per acre. this farm sold In the range of 16k per acre...

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 03:56PM
How many years would it take to pay off the acre? What state are you in?

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 04:04PM
I am in northern Il we bought some a few years back at much less than 16 or 17 but its still takes a long time to pay off

Re: Spring planting thoughts March 15, 2015 04:32PM
How many bushels do you usually yield for corn?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro