Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 12:54AM
Being its St. Patricks Day, I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the 3 john deere tractors that the gallaghers from OH used to pull in the late 80's or so. they were named with irish names. I mostly remember the lepruchaun. any stories would be interesting.

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 01:42AM
I remember 2 of them but cant remember the names. One I think was the Shilelah or something like that. Anyone know for sure what they were named?

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 02:30AM
Yeah, that name and the shamrock was the third I think.

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 02:58AM
there is a new Gallagher tractor in the works in Mantua. Brian (son of one of the originals) has a John Deere under construction for the USA-EAST "hot farm" class.

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 03:02AM
also remember that Leo Gallagher (father) purchased one of Ellenbaum's weight machines in early 80s. it had semi truck 5th wheel hitch built right on the front of the sled for when we first started pulling semis and no one had a hitch. this was one of the first sleds that JR Collins hooked to when he had his stock Mack pulling. that sled is still being used in eastern Ohio and is now owned by JJ Brown from Salinesville, Ohio.

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 03:44AM
Great information, glad to hear that legacy is still out there and building. Can't wait to see what name it might have. I always remember them at the butler farm show. And still can never forget the time Vern Over almost flipped the mack with the mutil charger charger tractor back in the day. I dont ever hear of those machines anymore.

Re: Pics of the gallagher's john deere tractors March 17, 2015 07:06AM
Terry Gallaghers tractor was Gaelach Green

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009