Arlington June 15, 2015 03:58AM
If your smoke stack falls off going down the track is that a D Q ?.saw turbo up fall off. What's the story?

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 04:35AM
Smoke stack is neither safety nor weights. Therefore, no reason for disqualification.

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 04:52AM
You could try and argue that an exhaust pipe isn't a safety issue, but it's still a piece of the tractor.

So a bell horn could fall off on the ground and be fine? A tractor with excessive leakage can't get DQ'd?

So, I guess my question is, what do the rules say??

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 06:09AM
The rule reads on page 12, line 19 of the Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pulling rule book "Any weights or safety equipment lost while hooked to the sled will be cause for disqualification."
As for the bell horn, I assume you are referring to the air inlet/velocity stack. Is it the air door/air gate?
In regards for excessive leakage, page 12, line 21 states "Excessive loss of liquid by a vehicle while in forward motion during a contest will be cause for disqualification, unless due to internal breakage. All discharge tubes must vent outside the frame rails in track of rear tires or into a container."

Just enjoy that John and crew had a good pull. Ps, the rule book is online for all to read.

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 06:28AM
Then the rules are the rules and the right call was made.

Do you have the link for the rule book?

Thanks!

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 07:12AM
Only time I seen Outlaws DQ someone for losing stack is if the cross bolts are in it. Most cross bolts are in curbed part under the hold close to turbo and not in the chrome stack.

Re: Arlington June 15, 2015 09:43AM
Here is the link for the rulebook download.

[outlawpulling.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2015 09:45AM by Platypus.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009