New style (1997) electic activated P-pump on a 9600 Deere combine. August 15, 2015 12:15PM
I had this pump rebuilt at a cost of $3000 and less than 100 hrs. later it is leaking out the top of the pump where the injection lines attach. Only 2 barrels are leaking. Pump shop now tells me the housing must be bad. Want me to bring it back and they will check it out at my cost. I asked if there was a test that should have told them the housing was bad at rebuild. No answer. I hate to spend another $3000 on a pump swap. Anyone have any experience with these pumps and is there any other fix ? I know this is a pulling forum but there is a lot of knowledge on here. Thanks.

Re: New style (1997) electic activated P-pump on a 9600 Deere combine. August 16, 2015 03:00AM
the barrel flanges are known to cause leaks, they like to crack just under the flange, and it's really hard to see. A good shop would stand behind their work!

Re: New style (1997) electic activated P-pump on a 9600 Deere combine. August 16, 2015 03:23AM
injpumped
the barrel flanges are known to cause leaks, they like to crack just under the flange, and it's really hard to see. A good shop would stand behind their work!

I would agree with injpumped. I had injectors rebuilt off a Case IH 7130 tractor this spring. 2 hours running and one of them started leaking. Come to find out it was cracked and the shop took care of it, no questions asked. They said it was something they should have seen.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520