rules clarification please September 05, 2015 06:41PM
I'm sure this may sound really stupid to some of you so excuse my ignorance but I have a few questions about pulling. The announcer vaguely talked about the rule tonight and left me with some questions I hope some of you can answer. If boundary lines are along the track extend out to 320' but it's a floating finish and the tractor goes 330' but is clearly travels over where the would have been if it was extended out to 330. Is that tractor DQ or not? Also if a tractor makes a pulloff and gets DQ for whatever reason are they DQ from the whole event or hypothetical 5 in the pulloff they get 5th? If I guy blows up and chunks of engine parts and oil is all over the track is that the same as dropping weight and grounds for DQ? Speaking of dropping weight if that were to happen before 75' are they DQ or given a 2nd attempt? And my last question why don't 2wd trucks like the T-buckets have roll cages? Thank you

Re: rules clarification please September 06, 2015 01:01AM
Good Questions. Many of them depend upon the associations rules, there is no standard set of rules for most of these, but I'll give you what I believe most associations do.

If boundary lines are along the track extend out to 320' but it's a floating finish and the tractor goes 330' but is clearly travels over where the would have been if it was extended out to 330. Is that tractor DQ or not? Once you get past the chalked lines you should be good.

Also if a tractor makes a pulloff and gets DQ for whatever reason are they DQ from the whole event or hypothetical 5 in the pulloff they get 5th? Last place in the pulloff as long as it's out of bounds, dropped weight, etc.

If I guy blows up and chunks of engine parts and oil is all over the track is that the same as dropping weight and grounds for DQ? Generally the rule reads something like parts on the track except internal engine parts...

Speaking of dropping weight if that were to happen before 75' are they DQ or given a 2nd attempt? Our of bounds or dropped weight in forst 75' or as option puller depends upon the association. Some allow another attempt and some don't.

And my last question why don't 2wd trucks like the T-buckets have roll cages? Good question, they probably should. The fiberglass bodies aren't going to provide much more protection than the open bucket.

Re: rules clarification please September 06, 2015 05:47AM
Thank you for clearing all that up Deere Puller. I do have a few more questions though. There was a guy behind me chirping all night long about the modified class how they used to allow turbines and now they don't and how the NTPA put restrictions on the guys with v12s so they aren't as competitive is there any truth to that or was that guy trying to talk big with axe to grind?

Re: rules clarification please September 06, 2015 06:31AM
confused
And my last question why don't 2wd trucks like the T-buckets have roll cages? Thank you

I've always assumed that it is because the two wheel drives have the highest hitch height in pulling, leading to greater pull down, and thus, greater stability.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: rules clarification please September 06, 2015 12:18PM
Low center of gravity of twd helps their stability.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason