Topic for Throwback Thursday with Eric Prewitt September 20, 2015 02:23PM
I have studied the submitted items and do not have a definite item to cover this Thursday. Please leave comments of what you think should be covered on this weeks show. Want to stay within the rule changes or submitted proposals. Please respond to this with ideas of what you all think would be a good topic to cover.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Topic for Throwback Thursday with Eric Prewitt September 21, 2015 01:28AM
Hi Eric. Long time listener, first time caller, lol.

I saw a comment by Bill Voreis, and I believe it was on Facebook. His comment, if I remember correctly, was about how he had a good season, but he mentioned he had 5 unlimited wins (that class had 14 hooks). He mentioned that was at least 2 more than anyone else. He finished 3rd in points. It was not negative or anything like that, but it got me thinking.

NTPA's point system gives 30 pts to win , then 29, 28, etc in one point increments. I believe other organizations divvy up points in different ways. My topic is not necessarily about NTPA, rather it is about how much value should be assigned to winning, but since the Unlimited Mod clasd had the top 3 within a few points with Knapp as the points champ with 2 or 3 wins out of 14 hooks, Purser runner up by 1 point with 2 wins, and Voreis in 3rd with 5 wins, this is a good clasd for an example.

Should more value be assigned to a win? For example, 40 pts to win, 35 for 2nd, 31 for 3rd, 28 for 4th, 26 for 5th, and 25 minus 1 for 6th on down is a sample of a system that has a spread of 5 4 3 2 point increments between the first 5 finishers and 1 point increments from 6th on down.

Maybe the current system is the best, maybe not. It would be a good topic to discuss, though. I believe NASCAR did something similar when they tweaked their Chase format to assign a greater weight to a win.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 01:33AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Topic for Throwback Thursday with Eric Prewitt September 21, 2015 11:16AM
May look at covering that if nothing else comes up.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM