Whats makes a tractor hook up? October 29, 2015 08:57AM
What makes some tractors seem to hook to the track better than others? Tires, chassis, or is I something else? Im sure it is somewhat a combination of things, but the reason I ask is because I am wanted to build a new 4.1 tractor and wanted to do it right. From the tires to the chassis, to everything else. Is there a certain chassis builder that is better than others for this. I have looked on ace chassis website and they talk about flex frame. Is that just for component tractors, or is it actually the material he uses. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Whats makes a tractor hook up? October 29, 2015 10:29AM
You are exactly right,it is many things,reading the dirt,weighting options,tire pressure,gearing,proper torque and engine calibration,where you drive how you feel the tractor hook up, confidence of yourself,( yes psychology plays a role). And on high HP units,the frame flex matters a lot.The rear tire's face need to stay as parallel to the ground as can be for great traction.Some never get it,passion and love of the sport and watching the winners actions help a great deal.When Vinney,Lehn and other top competitors run,the sound is very different from most,?????????????

Re: Whats makes a tractor hook up? November 10, 2015 11:11PM
having not enough power to break the tires loose will make them hook up very well
also put all the weight on the rear tires
slip the clutch the entire way down the track too helps alot

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,699, Posts: 229,799, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard