Fuel Lubrication November 08, 2015 07:22AM
I remember reading a while ago one guy on here saying he used air tool oil into the fuel? Any of you guys ever do this and is there anything else you put into the fuel to get more life out of the motor? I've just started rebuilding my 414 for my class and would like to keep it running for as long as I can. Is it true to leave certain parts a little loose, or just torque everything to spec? Appreciate any opinions out there

Re: Fuel Lubrication November 11, 2015 02:58AM
I've seen studies showing that biodiesel has a very high lubricity value, even in very low concentration blends. B5 or B10 would be your best bet for a fuel system lubricant IMO. I've also heard of old school guys mixing automatic transmission fluid in their diesel fuel. I believe it is a detergent oil so it has a cleaning effect as well as the lubrication. I'm not sure if there is any science to back that up though, others might chime in on it.

As for "leaving parts a little loose", if you're running a stock/mild engine, you will want to stay pretty close to the stock dimensions and clearances. You can lean toward the larger end of factory oil clearance on your main and rod bearings, but no looser than that. We run a super farm and the oil clearances are held right at the loose end of factory spec. As for piston to liner clearance, you could go a little looser than factory specs but you might not need to as long as you have a mild fuel/air system and still run water cooled.

No matter what you select for clearances, you will have to torque all the critical fasteners to their factory specification. When they talk about leaving things a little loose they are talking about the dimensions you machine the mating parts to, not how tight you tighten them. Hope this helps.

Re: Fuel Lubrication November 11, 2015 10:19AM
Thank you very much Sir.

Re: Fuel Lubrication November 11, 2015 08:56AM
2 cycle engine oil works great

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009