Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 19, 2015 12:19PM
Thought this would be a fun thread to start. I was cleaning out a closet the other day when I came across a shirt my dad got for me back in the early 90's at the Indy Super Pull. I remember wearing that Conner Brothers Bad Medicine shirt to every pull as a kid. I was most proud that he had gotten Bryan to sign it. Anyone else have any old pulling shirts from back in the day? I know that they weren't as common back then as they are today. Just thought it would be cool to share. Really took me back to being a kid finding that shirt.

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 19, 2015 01:19PM
we were talking about the old shirts last week on facebook..good 'ol days tractor pulling..is the page name

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 19, 2015 11:54PM
Funny you mention that. I have a box of pulling shirts, some never worn, that date back to the late 70's. My 8 and 4 year old sons wanted to go through them and we did a couple weeks back. I have a youth size Future Puller NTPA tshirt from that era that my youngest will be wearing next Summer. Kinda cool.

pb

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 20, 2015 12:53AM
I know that shirt has a lot of memories and is super cool! But it would make an awesome Raffle item for the Gordyville Charity Raffle, I suspect it would bring some major bucks and I would get Brian himself there to present it to the winner!

BB

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 20, 2015 08:50AM
Bob,
You bring up a good point for a raffle prize. It makes me wonder if there would be interest in a vintage pulling t-shirt quilt like what has been done with current t-shirts. I know I'd be tickled to have something like that in my office. There' were some cool designs years ago like the Conner shirts and you'd hope a few have survived.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 20, 2015 09:57AM
Bryan Lively
Bob,
You bring up a good point for a raffle prize. It makes me wonder if there would be interest in a vintage pulling t-shirt quilt like what has been done with current t-shirts. I know I'd be tickled to have something like that in my office. There' were some cool designs years ago like the Conner shirts and you'd hope a few have survived.

I would certainly be interested. I just wonder how many old shirts are out there floating around in good/great condition.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 20, 2015 02:43PM
I was curious myself as to how many was out there. That's one of the reasons I started the thread. I thought it would be cool to see how many survived the years. As for the comment Mr. Barbee made, I would love to donate the shirt to a great cause such as the gordyville raffle if it didn't hold so much sentimental value for me. As I said in the post, my father purchased it for me when I was a kid and after losing him suddenly in 2010 it reminds me of him every time I look at it. I couldn't bear to part with it.

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 21, 2015 02:14AM
JL,

I can understand that! But maybe you guys out there in the Pulling World look around in your closets and such and see what old Pulling pieces are out there, and give it some thought for a cool event and always a great cause!

BB

wear them to Bowling Green November 21, 2015 05:51AM
Everyone should wear them for the 50th at BG.

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 22, 2015 10:13AM
My brother has one that has never been worn and is autographed.

Re: Old Conner Bros. Bad Medicine shirt November 21, 2015 02:25AM
that is one cool shirt. needs to be framed and hung up

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520