Lite Pro Class November 22, 2015 11:07PM
Does anyone ever see the Light Pro class making it out as far west as Nebraska?

Or does the Super Farm, 4.1 Limited Pro and Light Limited Pro class rule take most of the popularity away from a light pro type class?

Do they run 540/4.3 against a 640/4.1 out in the Ohio/Indiana area?

Just curious...

Thanks!

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 07:03AM
I would love to see the Light Pro class make its way to Nebraska. No doubt the 4.1 class has hurt the growth of the Light Pros west of Indiana. It's good to see the class gaining some momentum in Wisconsin and N. Carolina. There are a few in IL and MN too. It would be great if some would get built in MO.

OSTPA runs a combo-class in Ohio and that seems to be very competitive between the 540/4.3 and 640/4.1 set-ups.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 10:36AM
Just to clarify, in OSTPA the light pros are not limited to any specific size charger, same as NTPA.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 08:00AM
Unfortunately when you combine the two classes it doesn't work to well. The OSTPA guys will tell you that when you start getting on a remotely tough track the bigger lim pro motors will put a huge gap on the 540's. Tried it in MN also. Same results.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 08:32AM
It's tough to make up for a 100 cubes difference with a slightly bigger charger. Wish the 4.1 guys would abandon their stroked cranks and build 540 motors. Every brand could play ball competitively then.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 08:50AM
In the ohio state light/limited class it does work when there's actual light pro's pulling an also when the light pro guys actually get it together an drive them half right that's their biggest problem. This is all seen from a spectator an tractor pulling enthusiast.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 10:57AM
Indiana Pulling League has a combo class with light and limited pros and it is working well. Each has there nights but in the end it's pretty even.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 01:09PM
Ask Klint Tucker. There is nobody better at handicapping classes.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 01:19PM
Not so fast with that b.s the limiteds get to way 300- 600 more then the 9000 lbs class is soposed to weight.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 23, 2015 03:24PM
I think that a good running light pro could keep up with 640 4.1 tractor on most tracks, a tough track maybe not the extra cubes/torque would come into play but a normal track would be pretty even and I wish more areas would run a combo class especially region 3 & 5 area to help small numbers in both classes, it couldn't hurt to try.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 24, 2015 02:00AM
Ohio and Indiana have proven it's a good short-term solution. The BEST long-term solution is for more Light Pros (especially, outside of OH & IN) to be built. It would be great if more SF, 4.1 and A-pump guys would build to the Light Pro spec.Thumbs Up

Re: Lite Pro Class November 24, 2015 03:54AM
Good for who? Why do you want all other limited classes to switch to YOUR class? Grand national classes should not be a limited type class. If YOU want to pull at bowling green, put your big boy pants on and run Prostock. If not just be happy you have sand in your sandbox.

I never saw a sf stall all year. Can't say that for the light pros!

Re: Lite Pro Class November 24, 2015 08:14AM
Didn't see a sf stall all year must not have went to any sf pulls or watch pulling on rfd or mav tv

Re: Lite Pro Class November 24, 2015 06:12PM
I don't know about everyone swapping to one particular class, but at the end of the day "limited" is just a word so to speak...

You don't need to run a Pro Stock to have your "big boy" pants on. Not everyone can or wants to run a Pro Stock...

At the end of the day, Limited and Light Pro's make some awesome power. They shouldn't be excluded from NTPA or a pull like Bowling Green.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Re: Lite Pro Class November 24, 2015 11:31PM
Every class is tractor pulling is a limited class, there is no such thing as a class with out some type of limits. So Daddy Dave your Pro Stocks have limits,,, 680 cubic inches,,, the "Unlimited Mod" class has limits, the PPL "Unlimited Super Stock" class has limits. So it should really be called the "Limited Unlimited Mod" class.Sad

Re: Lite Pro Class November 25, 2015 04:35AM
I don't see this class hurting LSS numbers I think it would just be guys switching over from 4.1 limited pros and maybe some 466 guys bumping up to light pro class being that it doesn't require the cost of a billet crank

Re: Lite Pro Class November 25, 2015 11:53AM
to agreed. who says you have to have a stroked cranked to be at 640? I know one VERY competitive red 4.1 at 640 cubes and is NOT a stroker

Re: Lite Pro Class November 25, 2015 01:15AM
One question: What's the difference between the light pro stock class and the single charger diesel tractors that are already out here in Nebraska and Missouri running against multicharger LSS tractors?

My guess is that there would be some reluctance in Neb. Bush and Outlaws to add that class since it could hurt their LSS classes which, at times, struggle with numbers.

Re: Lite Pro Class November 26, 2015 01:09PM
Pllnfn
One question: What's the difference between the light pro stock class and the single charger diesel tractors that are already out here in Nebraska and Missouri running against multicharger LSS tractors?

My guess is that there would be some reluctance in Neb. Bush and Outlaws to add that class since it could hurt their LSS classes which, at times, struggle with numbers.

Light Pro is 540 Cubes with any charger. Limited Pro is 640 cubes with a 4.1 charger.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520