factory intercoolers November 27, 2015 01:14AM
Does there ever come a time when a factory intercooler becomes restricted to flow enough air? I'm referring to the ones on a 30-40-50 deere series motor.
I realize they were made for factory turbo charging, with that being said,with all these new Hi tech turbo's on the market, boost pressure can you get pretty high. So how much boost pressure can you get through a factory inter cooler? I'm allowed a 2.75 inlet.

Re: factory intercoolers November 27, 2015 04:29AM
I saw a JD factory inter cooler, blow at 60 psi. I don't know what size charger was on tractor.

Re: factory intercoolers December 02, 2015 08:58AM
a 3lm-466 will make close to 60psi.

Re: factory intercoolers December 02, 2015 02:06PM
Sounds like I'm better off without it [intercooler] if it's an accident waiting to happen. Just curious, I've seen hundreds of 6030's go down the track in farm classes or altered farm classes but apparently they don't exceed 60 pounds of boost, hard to believe. thanks for all your responses.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason