Fuel line size. December 11, 2015 12:51PM
What size fuel line should a guy use for a p pump

Re: Fuel line size. December 11, 2015 01:00PM
How many cc? What size motor? Turbo? Generally a .093 line will fit the bill.

Re: Fuel line size. December 11, 2015 11:50PM
Sorry I mean from the fuel tank to the pump.

Re: Fuel line size. December 12, 2015 12:22AM
Its still the same answer, like zachp says how many cc? motor size? turbo?, If your trying to keep a p pump full, I would't think a stock fuel line from the tank will work.

Re: Fuel line size. December 12, 2015 12:35AM
Minimum # 8 AN, #10 AN is better, Pro Stock or Super Stock, bigger yet. I like #10 AN in and #8 AN return, minimum. Some people forget that revving up on the line, almost all the fuel goes out the return. That can cause very high fuel pressure until you let out the clutch. Also, run the injector bleed line all the way to the tank with its own fitting. Do not hook it to the pump return line.

Re: Fuel line size. December 13, 2015 12:03AM
I agree with the size of line but what's the reasoning for running the injector return line all the way back to the tank instead of into the return off the pump? We have had our tractors plumbed this way for 10 years with no issue. I don't think i have ever heard of doing that, having run fuel pumps from Columbus, harts and Fair Valley Performance I would think that one of them builders would've suggested that if it were to cause issue with a pump

Re: Fuel line size. December 13, 2015 03:09AM
Injector return line to the tank with its own fitting because of the pressure on the pump return line will cause "O" ring leaks at the injector. Injector return lines can actually be blown off by pressure if you have a drive line break or the trans pops out of gear---injector return lines plumbed into the pump return line will cause a massive fuel leak at the injector return line---its a fire safety thing. Its a simple thing to run the injector return line to the tank to help prevent a fire in case something goes wrong.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009