71 John Deere 4620 January 08, 2016 12:53PM
Hey guys, my father and I just acquired a 1971 John Deere 4620 (note it's turbo charged and inner cooled) and we are in the process of a restoration . The previous owner has the pumped turned up pretty good , but we haven't put it on a dyno to see what she's actually got. I was looking to start getting into some local area fair farm stock tractor pulling this summer. My question is it even worth it with the tractor being 12600 pounds with me on it. Is is too heavy and would it not have enough ponnies under the hood to even be in the competition. Should I not even bother tryin to compete with it? Thanks, Jake B.

Re: 71 John Deere 4620 January 08, 2016 01:22PM
My brother doesn't do to bad with his. Bone stock in a 15,000 pound 5 mph class in 2nd or sometimes 3rd gear. Just go try it out to see what you got. You'll still have more fun then going to work that day anyway.

Re: 71 John Deere 4620 January 09, 2016 12:24AM
If you are going to have fun you will be fineI It used to be it was more for bragging rights and 200H.P. was a lot 50 years ago.Antique tractor pulling is not much of a spectator sport as at the ISF there is free admittance and the only crowd is in the pits.At our local truck pull the people want to see who they know regardless of performance..H.P. costs money and there are better farm stock tractors than a 4620 but if you are proud of it and at 5MPH they will go until they spin out.The no speed limit pulls are almost like a drag race and sometimes the track changes for the better or worse.It should be all about fun!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009