Insurance January 20, 2016 08:18AM
I have ? regarding insurance. When we go to a pull you sign a waiver. If there is a accident say like in Kentucky they had some issue with the sled and vehicles hitting the wall. Who is responsable for the damage? Does it fall on the promoter, sled owner, puller? All of they above. Every pull you go to you sign a waiver. Are these all the same? With the way people are sue happy I think it brings up a point of who is responsable? I guess the next ? is a LLc. Thanks not looking to start issue. But thought it is a interesting ?.

Re: Insurance January 20, 2016 10:52AM
In the event of a sled malfunction it falls under the sled operators policy.

Re: Insurance January 20, 2016 11:29AM
That's a good question you pay your membership with a club that part of the dues are for insurance so what is the waiver for are there really no insurance if say your tractor flys apart and goes through the crowd if so the fans need to sine one as well somebody smart answer this one

evey body will get sued January 20, 2016 12:54PM
Don't kid yourselves. if there a major accident with injuries everybody will get sued. There will be lawyers coming out of the woodwork. your farms, trucking companies everybody will be called into court. Make sure you separate your pulling hobby from your businesses. Even if you prevail in court lawyers don't come cheap. And carry a whole bunch of insurance.

Re: Insurance January 20, 2016 10:18PM
Even if you have K&K insurance or similar the insurance doesn't cover you as you go down the track....as it was explained to me. It's for storing and transporting your puller. I'm not even sure that type of insurance would cover you if something happened in the pits. the waiver you sign is for the insurance of the pull i would think, somebody tell me if i'm way off here. That waiver pretty much says you will not sue the fair, committee, etc if you wreck during your hook and get hurt or damage your machine. Best of my knowledge the insurance the promotor has covers spectators if an accident was to happen. Now i don't know if that waiver protects against an injured fan going after the puller in court. Lots of smaller brush pull groups have limited insurance, or none. They rely solely on the promotor, some better ones have it for their pullers.... might be something to think about when deciding a group to pull with, is there any insurance?, is this group looking out for me in any way? even still is it clear what your protection is going down the track? I'd love to hear a clear answer on this myself. just passing along what was explained to me last year when i had asked some people about insurance. Hopefully an expert finds the thread and can help

Re: Insurance January 21, 2016 12:16AM
I don't think there is any insurance on the vehicles regardless of fault. To my knowledge, the insurance is for personal liability. If the driver/spectator is injured, insurance kicks in. However, the first insurance to come into play is the injured's personal insurance. The promoter/sanctioning body is supplemental. The insurance companies then "agree" who pays what bills. Anyhow, that is how I understand it. So, for the question about tractor coverage, the owner/competitor has to have their own for that. Of course, in America, anyone can sue anyone about anything--just have deep pockets and hire good lawyers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009