Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 05:37AM
let us put the sled bashing to bed and talk about something positive. I personally thought the video boards were a great addition. Where I sat I did not have a good view of sand pile and last 50 feet. The replay was great for me to see what I missed. I saw Klint and crew using the slow motion to justify some calls. In my 6 years of attending Gordyville I think Klint hit a home run on this one. He is always striving to better this event. What do you think? Our 12 that attended give it a thumbs up. Way to go Klint.

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 05:45AM
I'll second that! Ready for next year!

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 07:29AM
That was great I sit on the other side from the announcer and cant hear the distances cant hear the name of the puller either be great if they put that up there also.

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 07:49AM
YES the Display boards were great! I personally had a few conversations that shared the approval of the Screens. Once it was mentioned that it could be a good idea to place a Screen behind the bleachers for people that wish to stretch their legs and stand(possibly grab a beer or visit a restroom). All in all it was a great addition! Job well done Gordyville Crew!

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 08:04AM
Thanks for the positive feedback on the screens. It would be nice to have names with the distances as well as a run down of the whole class. That is a good idea to put one behind the bleachers. I know we will be putting one in the NE corner of the pit area for sure next year. If anyone is interested in advertising on the screen left of the track be sure to get ahold of one of us. We will discuss our options in the next meeting.
Thanks,
Joe

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 09:08AM
That would be awesome. Most fans dread having to wait in line and miss the action. I think the pullers in the pits would also appreciate the chance to see the pulls and also see the lineup and placement. I know all this costs money. Sponsors make this happen, but I would have no problem paying 1-2 bucks more for a ticket to have a great pull be even better.

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 19, 2016 04:04PM
The replay boards made a awesome pull into something special!!!

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 20, 2016 09:32AM
I agree with the display in the pits. Would be a great improvement.

Re: Gordyville instant replay January 21, 2016 08:32AM
Thank you for the positive feedback! We would like to thank the Whatsmokin crew for their hospitality and the opportunity to work at Gordyville. We are already working on improvements for next year with a screen in the pit area and a full time leader board. Sponsors is what makes all of this possible. Our next event will be the Cornhusker Classic in Lincoln, NE March 25th and 26th. Hope to see you there! To contact us or to have us at your event you can call Heartland Display at (785) 542-5656. Thanks, Alan

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM