New NFMS Opening Video February 15, 2016 01:31PM
Did they change the Lee greenwood opening video?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 04:08PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 15, 2016 01:59PM
Or better yet drop lee greenwood and put something good to start off with. Just getting dated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 04:08PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 15, 2016 02:22PM
I love the Lee Greenwood song. They could update the video. I hope they don't do away with song. I am a proud country American! We are lucky that we can go tractor pulling. I think the pulling world could take one of the major events and honor the military let them in free. I support the military 100 percent

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 04:09PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 15, 2016 04:00PM
Nathan Binder
I love the Lee Greenwood song. They could update the video. I hope they don't do away with song...

For those who weren't there, they did update the video this year. Here's my honest... not sugar coated and not at all PC opinion of the new video:

The new Syngenta Proud to be an American video is awful. It's terrible! I'm actually embarrassed for the ad agency or person that put it together (if you're that person or agency, please stop reading now, because that's the nicest thing I'm going to say about the video). Somehow that video makes the song seem twice as long.

Full disclosure: I'm not a huge fan of the song after seeing it year after year after year after year, so take that for what it's worth. I love our country but I'm just tired of the song, it's just a song, it's not our National Anthem and it's no where even close to God Bless America. It fine to listen to but I don't have to stand at attention, and that video doesn't make me want to watch.

Seriously, nobody could make a moving or emotional video that also included farming? How about some footage of things that are quintessentially American, The Statue of Liberty, St. Louis Arch, most of the Washington monuments, The Rockies, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Grand Canyon, The Empire State Building, heck, even the Rocky statue in Philly etc... The song mentions Detroit, show some auto manufacturing, tractor manufacturing, any manufacturing. It mentions the sacrifice and the men who died; show Arlington national cemetery, show a flagged draped coffin, show JFK's coffin, show wounded vets with prosthetics, that sacrifice was, and is, real... put some emotion in it! It's not a downer, its real and it's who we are! Show a carrier, some jets, some tanks, heck throw a missile or two in there like some Russia cold war propaganda film. Then once you get those things interspersed in the video show grain farming, show chopping corn or hay, show a dairy farm, show harvesting carrots/potatoes or some other cash crop, show a grape harvester, remember that not every farmer lives in the mid-west with some huge pan-flat grainfield. Hire some 20 year old with a drone and he will get better footage than the garbage that they got (youtube farming videos from Europe are proof of that). Don't show clip after clip of some random guy standing in the MIDDLE of some random field, nobody cares about that and it isn't real... it looks fake and staged because it is! You'll never get emotion out of that.

Make a video that makes everyone Love America and get them fired up, not some piece of crap that makes people sleepy.

OK, that's the end of my rant about that awful, cheap looking, boring, bland, dull new video.

In summary: I not a fan of it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 04:09PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 16, 2016 12:28AM
Jake, when can we get a "like" button?? Some things just lose their appeal with ad nauseum proliferation. Yes, America is what you mentioned. I realize it is the NFMS, but pulling is more than just about farming. There are many real pullers who have not ever sat in the seat of a tractor JW

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 16, 2016 03:05AM
Have to agree with Jake on this one. The new video disappointed me also. I will play the old one next week at Kansas City and still like it the best. Our fans only see this once or twice a year with only two sessions at Western Farm Show and that keeps it from getting redundant. Five days in a row at Louisville farm show and new video not as good as old one, can see your point. Thanks, Doug

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 16, 2016 03:42AM
The video that RFD uses to sign on in the morning at 9:00 am would be good

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 16, 2016 10:55AM
nice to hear i wasnt the only one who didnt likeit

Re: New NFMS Opening Video February 16, 2016 11:17AM
With Syngenta being bought by ChemChina 2016 could very likely be the last time that video is played at the NFMS

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009