Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 24, 2016 05:58AM
Sad to have to report that Don Head of the "Head's Up" NH LSS team passed away last evening. Don and his brother Randy drove the New Holland-based tractor from Springfield, Tennessee up until a few years ago mostly with the Mid South Pullers when they decided to step away from competition. Some of the nicest folks you will ever come across in the sport. Thoughts and prayers to the entire Head family and his friends.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 24, 2016 07:00AM
Really sad to hear about Don. Loved seeing him and the Head family at the pulls and they have really been missed the past couple years. Don was one great guy and will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to the Head family.

-Cujo Pulling Team

Re: Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 24, 2016 03:18PM
I'm really sorry to hear this news. I got to know Don years ago when I lived in Pike, NY and spent most of my spare time helping/learning in Mark Hootman's shop. I think it was in Du Quoin, IL when I first met Don and Randy and I had one of those very rare conversations where you really felt at ease, like you were talking with an old friend even though you just met. After that pull Don called the shop and Mark built Don's motor so I got to see him pretty regularly in Western New York for a few years, and always enjoyed catching up with him.

Don was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet; he was kind and thoughtful and always asked how I was doing, how my house restoration was coming. He was easy to talk with about pulling as well as about life in general.

My condolences and prayers are with Randy and the rest of the family, may God give you peace and comfort in this difficult time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 24, 2016 02:40PM
Haney Pulling Team , Don always ask me to stop in to see you guys when I passed through Athens! He though very highly of each of you ! Thank you for the kind words and prayers !

Re: Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 25, 2016 12:13AM
The world has lost a great man the day Don Head passed away. The first time I met Don was Du Quoin IL and we talked for hours about pulling, Mark Hootman,and more pulling. He was one of those guys that listen to every word that came out of your mouth but processed it in his own mind before he would responded ( a skill that I have not mastered yet in my life). 2 words to describe Don Head FIRST CLASS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 12:32AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Don Head-Heads Up LSS February 25, 2016 12:35AM
Don was one of those guys you could count on no matter what! Spent a lot of time travelling the roads late at night talking and cutting up on the CB with Don and his Gang, great folks and none better than Don. Tough competitor and a friend, he will be missed much here in Springfield Tn!

BB

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM