Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 02:01AM
What kind of jobs do you guys have that pull tractor? I know that most of you just farm full time. Im a younger guy just getting started in the sport and working a full time job. Im having trouble getting off work for pulls and have figured out that there is no way for me to make every hook to be in a point race. It's just not possible to take off 2 times a week for 3 to 4 months. Thanks

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 03:57AM
Most are self employed.

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 11:54AM
I always thought winning the powerball and tractor pulling would go hand in hand. Lol

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 11:57AM
Oil/gas wells and crop insurance

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 12:14PM
I have nothing to do with farming I own and run trucks, you will be very surprised that there isnt as many in farming as most think....... just because its tractor pulling doesnt me farmers

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 21, 2016 12:35PM
You not only have to have time off, you would need a lot of money to run a points race. I work Construction full time and make weekend Pulls . If a pull is close then I can make it through the week. What ever you do just have fun and enjoy it, good luck.

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 22, 2016 01:53AM
Thanks guys, I went to school for hvac and im working in housing maintenance. My problem is that im on call once a month for a week and that air conditioners only break down in the summer when it's pulling season.

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 23, 2016 01:57AM
Being a bit past retirement age I am still busy I have a Farm equipment repair shop, metal fabrication etc.

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 24, 2016 11:41AM
Im a lineman for a local utility, there arent a lot of hot farm pulls in my area, we travel to out of state alot to make weekend pulls. Money and time need to be managed, but we live for pulling. Love the atmosphere in the pits and the competion, poor mans pulling! . Some day hope to make a sactioned superfarm team........ Someday! Dont let a points pull worry you, it will come with time....... Get out and enjoy the pulls you can when you can!

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 25, 2016 04:15PM
I have a tooling business and this will be my first year pulling. I am building a new tractor (466 class) to pull Super Farm with NSPA.

Re: Occupation / Jobs March 25, 2016 03:05PM
I'm a Caterpillar product support sales rep in Ohio/ WV. It's rough but we try to make every pull as we pull locally. we may stray out for a long distance weekend pull this year and see what happens. Just get out and have fun!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520