Farmall M clearance question April 10, 2016 12:05PM
What kind of clearance issues am I going to run into when stroking the crank to 7 1/4?

Re: Farmall M clearance question April 11, 2016 04:59AM
Depends on what rods. You will defenetly have to clearence grind both the cam and the block, possibly the bottom of sleeves too.

Re: Farmall M clearance question April 18, 2016 07:18AM
If you use custom H beam rods and have your crank ground for small block chevy rod journals you will have a lot less clearance problems. Trying to use the stock rods with that much stroke, the rods hit the oil pan and you grind the majority of some of the cam lobes off. If you can, have your crank grinder offset the crank journals some to help clear the cam lobes. The custom rods aren't cheap, but it pays off with a lot less grinding. Another issue you have is the oil galley in the block. You can grind it out and sleeve it, or my opinion, the best is to grind it out and plug the holes inside the block and run oil tubes on the outside. The block already has the oil galley to the mains plugged to the outside. This is a much easier way to do this. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to call me, 419-210-4399. Leave me a message and I will call you back. Weekends are best, I work nights. Hope this helps , Mark

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,783, Posts: 229,968, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,048.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009