Building a modified tractor May 18, 2016 05:30AM
Hello .
I have some questions.
1. What kind of rearend rockwell is most common in class 7200 up to unlimited and in what truck can i find it ?
2. What tractor uses Franklin planetaries
3. Cross box thickness of material and what kind of gears, shaft is used (I have about 5500 hp total in two engines)

Re: Building a modified tractor May 18, 2016 07:01PM
Rockwell SQHD is the old standby.
More modern rear would be the Meritor 20145. Slightly heavier than the SQHD. Aluminum drop outs are more plentiful for the Meritor.
Franklin planetaries are from Franklin log skidders. Some other farm equipment used them also.
Can get aftermarket magnesium housings to save weight.
Cat 966 planetaries are same deal, (mag housings available). Main advantage of the Franklin is they have a 4.0 ratio, and a 4.6 ratio.
Gear box,,,,,, Banter/Modern machine. Engler, SCS gearbox, Pro Fab,

Re: Building a modified tractor May 19, 2016 02:51PM
First off what weight class and what pulling org do you plan to run with ? There are several good chassis siting around that will work in state , reginal and grand national levels that will be less than building a new one. What power plant do you plan on running?

Re: Building a modified tractor May 20, 2016 11:13PM
Stan
First off what weight class and what pulling org do you plan to run with ? There are several good chassis siting around that will work in state , reginal and grand national levels that will be less than building a new one. What power plant do you plan on running?

I'm in 4500 Mod in ETPC (Europe). That is some what equal to your 7200/unlimited. We don't really have the classes as you guys have. But I want a rolling chassi that is in the grand national division. Another problem is where to search? Since im Swedish, I have no clue where you guys post your ads. I'd be happy if someone could give me any pointers where to look.

Re: Building a modified tractor May 21, 2016 01:30AM
racingjunk.com look under truck and tractor pulling category chassis

Re: Building a modified tractor May 21, 2016 11:45AM
Jim Martell, goes by TFX526 on for sale page on this site.
Bob Jostock, J&S repair, Lapeer, Michigan
Scott Tedder, Indiana
They all have tractors for sale, and know of more.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009